“Excellent accommodations”
Review of Hilton Memphis

Hilton Memphis
Ranked #28 of 138 Hotels in Memphis
Reviewed May 8, 2014

I have stayed at many Hilton properties, but this was exceeded all expectations. It was beautiful, clean, large rooms. They even fixed the towels the way you see them on cruises. The breakfast had numerous options and the food was terrific. Lovely little lake in front of the property. I would highly recommend this location for business or personal travel.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
BillSpencer, General Manager at Hilton Memphis, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2014

We are please that we exceeded your expectations and you enjoyed your stay with us. I will pass on your comments about the terry animals to our housekeeping team. They were looking for something unique to do and this is the result. They will be pleased that you noticed.

Bill Spencer

Write a ReviewReviews (1,077)

998 - 1,004 of 1,077 reviews

Reviewed May 6, 2014

First of all I will say my overall experience was pleasant considering I was skeptical after reading recent past reviews of car theft on the property and accommodation/staff issues. I was in town for business meetings hosted at this property and fun. Arrival was excellent, the bellmen were quick and efficient and check in was smooth. I was given a room on the 25th floor with beautiful area view. The room was comfortable and well maintained. My problems were primarily with the staff. I call the in-hotel reservations to extend a day and was given the run around. It seemed the reservationist didn't know their system. I called the national Hilton reservation line and was then able to extend another day. The restaurants on property were nice and the service staff attentive. Room service though was a bit strange. I ordered a late meal that turned out to be nothing like I expected and the person (supervisor) who brought the food said he had to take back the tray so had to juggle plates like a circus act.....that was a first. Upon check out the bill was incorrect and it took 20 minutes to correct. I asked if I could speak to the hotel Manager during my departure to discuss the good and the bad and was told he was in a meeting. I left my name and number for the manager but never heard from him, I would have to assume my experience was not of value. My overall impression of the Memphis Hilton was good but not great as I would expect from a Hilton property. Recommended but barely.

Room Tip: Ask for a high room
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
BillSpencer, General Manager at Hilton Memphis, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2014

Thank you for your response on your stay at the Hilton Memphis. We appreciate your positive comments and apologize for the issues you encountered with room service and your bill. We will follow up with our team. I am also disappointed that our leadership team was not able to follow up with you during your stay.
Your feedback is important to us.

Reviewed May 5, 2014

This hotel is fairly close to the airport. It could be a little hard to find unless you have GPS, but it is in a good location. Be sure to ask for a room away from the freeway. Fast check in, good (free) parking. Rooms are very nice, well appointed, and quiet. If you are in the area, worth a try.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for your feedback and comments. We are pleased that you listed us as a "Very Good Hotel". We hope you come to visit us again.

Reviewed May 2, 2014 via mobile

Memphis is where I grew up. I try to return for a visit every few years. The Memphis Hilton is a top notch choice for accommodations. The combination of value, quality of rooms and location is unbeatable. For 119.00 a night we enjoyed a large, sparkling clean room with high quality bedding, large LCD TV, free WIFI, and pristine bath. There is an excellent fitness center and lovely outdoor pool and spa. The location is right in the center of the city next to the 240 beltway making travel to any part of the city quite easy. There is plenty of free parking and valet service too. Starbucks is 3 minutes from the hotel and there are great restaurants very close by including famous Memphis BBQ. I used to always stay at the Westin downtown but for 150 less per night and free parking this is my new home when I return home!

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your positive review. We are glad you consider us your new home when you return home. Our team received the Top work place in Memphis this past year and we are pleased to hear when people enjoy staying with us.

Reviewed May 2, 2014

The hotel and staff and great, conference area was great, but the rooms are a bit dated. Also the AC vent was directed down and blew on my head all night while trying to sleep. Noise from outside the room creeps in a bit also.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for your positive comments on our staff and conference area. We will take a look at the direction the vents are blowing in the rooms. That is an issue than can be handled and we will double check our rooms.

Reviewed April 29, 2014

I stay at a lot of Hilton Brand and find overall very good to excellent service and product. The staff are well trained and are very will to help. The hotels are generally very handicap friendly. My wife is blind so this is a big help. Parking is generally plentiful and close to the hotels.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for your positive review and comments on our team and hotel.
We hope we have the opportunity to be of service again in the future.

Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

On a business trip that I booked 3 weeks ago and I'm currently sleeping in a pull out bed due to overbooking. No pillows at all in the room and there are tiny LED lights above the bed shining down on me that cannot be turned off...why?? I have business equipment with me and I'm seeing these very recent reviews on theft here as well.

I will not be staying here again.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Alex P

I apologize for the inconvenience of a pull out bed. We just finished up a renovation and the last part of the rooms renovation was removing all of the pull out beds. It appears your room was not completed correctly. At this time all pullout beds have been replace with wall beds which are much more comfortable.