“The Best, Not in Memphis, but Anyware”

Havana Mix Cigar Emporium
Ranked #8 of 38 Shopping in Memphis
Reviewed December 6, 2013

First off, this isn't just a cigar store. No, it's much more. It has a small, but tasty cooked-on-site menu and a bar. It has live music. It has ambiance and character. It is inviting.

So, a cigar store a block off Beale may not be your cup of tea. I get it. It's not a place to take the kids. But, if you enjoy a cigar, you have to come here on a Friday or Saturday night. This isn't just a guys place. Men and women are both welcome.

Before I get started, let's start with the food. It is good - really good. I had several items and all were tasty. Thanks to the locals for offering up their food, but that's the kind of place this is. The Cuban is a must - REALLY good. The sausage "sandwich" is also way above average. The seasoned chips were great. I just can't say enough and prices are very reasonable.

The bar isn't huge and doesn't have everything, but with everything else going on that's easy to overlook.

The music was excellent. The guitar player in the band they had incredibly talented. It was a mixture of rock and jazz. It was honestly one of the best bands I've heard at a small venue/bar. Really exceptional.

The wait staff was friendly and always eager to help. The owner, Robb, is on site and took time to speak with me about his place, as well as other local sites and place to see. He's a really friendly guy.

The cigar selection is first-rate. Better than many cigar stores with a great selection of new offerings. Prices were very reasonable.

Finally, the atmosphere and clientele. Incredible. There's a sign on the wall that reads, "No Black. No White. Just de Blues." Well said. Whatever your color, creed or station in life, everyone is equal at Havana Mix. Check your ego at the door and come in. You might see local "big wigs" or maybe someone famous from time to time. Everyone is there for a good time. Trouble makers are not welcome. This is the kind of place that every city should have.

For this trip, I was on my own. I immediately made friends, got to know a bunch of people and had great conversations. Don't go just for a cigar. Go to stay for an hour or two. You may just find that you stay all evening. I can't recommend this place enough.

1  Thank 1960Corvette
in 6 reviews
in 7 reviews
in 4 reviews

Reviewed August 12, 2013

My group and I were greeted by a few guys sitting next to the shop smoking some stogies and I was ecstatic to see that it was open, even though we saw online that it was closed. We walk in and was greeted again by what seemed to be regulars and the employees themselves, not to mention the aroma of lit fine cigars. I went straight to the humidor and was welcomed by a nice blonde girl, which was different since most cigar joints I go to are ran by older men and far less attractive. Haha but she really knew her cigars very well, where, how, and what with, and even who rolled them. Cigars with a story behind them. I had planned on buying two or three cigars for me and the guys in my group, but we walked out of there with around 15 cigars and 4 cigar boxes (couldn't pass up the great selection and beale street cigar boxes). The stogies were amazing, the atmosphere was awesome, and the staff was fantastic. I know where I'm spending my money when I come visit Memphis. I might drive 8 hours just for this place! All around amazing.

1  Thank Dizo3
Reviewed August 10, 2013

We only had one night in Memphis and knew a cigar store was a great place to start. I have been to many cigar stores, bars and lounges. Havana Mix is great. It is conveniently located just off Beale. The cigar selection is good and based on what I hear it is getting better every day. The staff was knowledgeable and friendly. We hung out for a few hours, met some great guys from Oregon and Charlotte and set up some plans to discuss business at a later date. If you haven't considered networking in a cigar store you are missing out. Havana Mix has a great vibe and mix of clientele.Don't miss it.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

They have a great selection of cigars at a reasonable price and their staff is first rate. I haven't been to the other cigar stores in town, but I've been to many, many cigar stores around the country and this is one of the better ones.
Make sure you bring the parking token with you, so they can validate it for you and save on parking.

See more reviews
Reviewed March 1, 2013

I visited them in their new location. It was a nice place with high ceilings. A good selection of cigars including their very own Beale St cigar made by Rockey Patel only for this store. They are currently serving drinks (alcohol) and plan to expand into food in the near future.

I felt the prices could have been a little better. They were not ridiculous but also not the best I have seen either, but then again this is the only show in town like this. So unfortunately you have to accept the prices that come along with this.

Some of the patrons seem to be a little more knowledgeable about the cigars then the staff, however the staff I ran into were fairly new to the store. The patrons (at least the regulars) for the most part were friendly and willing to lend some helpful advice. I do plan on going back again, it was nice and friendly and comfortable. It is a nice way to start or end your day in the city, but I would not make it an every day or even every weekend place strictly due to the prices.

Park in the garage next door, they will validate your parking if you make a purchase.