“Great Service and fun”

Holiday Inn Express Memphis Southwind
Ranked #47 of 138 Hotels in Memphis
Reviewed March 19, 2014

I have stayed at this Hotel a number of times and am always amazed at the excellent staff and good humor expressed by all. Even in the face of criticism for their South-West Omelets - they managed to turn it around and made me laugh. Cool Place!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank andrew c
PattiMemphis, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Memphis Southwind, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

We thank you for taking the time to share your experience while you were our guest. We know you have a choice and are honored that you selected our hotel for your lodging needs. We are committed to providing you with the level of service you have come to expect from the Holiday Inn Express & Suites. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests. We appreciate the feedback we receive as it is crucial to our success.. Thank you again for posting your comments. We look forward to having you visit us on your next trip to Memphis.
Warm Regard,

Reviewed February 20, 2014

The most important part about any hotel stay experience is the comfort level of the beds. The beds here passed with flying colors! ;-) The second most important part of any decent hotel stay experience is the staff. This hotel staff are excellent, professional, courteous and friendly folks - friendly being key here! I currently live in Chattanooga, TN but am originally from Oregon. I mention this because even after having lived in Tennessee for 7 yr.s I still can't tolerate the humidity and, often times, when you rent a hotel room in the south the muggy-humid climate can linger in these rooms causing them to reek of musk and mold. However, considering the climate, the rooms in this hotel are really not that bad. Anwyay, I flew my younger brother out here for a visit (he wanted to see Graceland and all things connected with the history, culture and the song 'Walking in Memphis' by Marc Cohn. ;-) We had a wonderful time but when it was over, and I had to take him back to the airport, I decided to stay on another night. It was so difficult and sad having to say good-bye to him. We hadn't seen one another in 7 yr.s and, if that wasn't enough, in a few months he would be going to the border of Iran and Afghanistan for a year with his unit from Oregon. In relation to my sorrow I really must mention how very grateful I am to God for the people at this little hotel. People like Miss Torri with her unending smiles, attentiveness, kindness and healing sense of humor. She has been a true a God-send to me. Miss Chautauqua Hurd, at the front desk, added even more appreciated humor and light-heartedness to my entire stay and time here in Memphis. It's people like them who, no matter where you are or what hardships you may be facing, make everything around you that much better, that much sweeter. I certainly do not want to forget to mention the domestic engineers (all four ladies I have come across have always greeted me with smiles and a good morning/afternoon/evening), the young man who happily yelled 'Seattle!' when I replied to his question of where was I from, and to the kind Hungarian gentleman whom I believe was the maintenance technician here. :-) A big thank you to each one of you! May God continue to protect and bless you and yours will be my continued prayer. :-)

T. McClurg

P.S. For those of you wondering about the breakfast, well, it was pretty good too.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
PattiMemphis, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Memphis Southwind, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2014

We enjoyed having you as our guest , and we thank you for sharing your experience regarding your stay with the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Memphis Southwind, TN.

I will ensure that the teams are aware of your kind comments. We realize you have many choices when it comes to lodging, and we sincerely appreciate you choosing us.

Again,thank you again for your kind words. We hope to have you as a guest in our hotels again soon.

Best Regard,
Patti & Team

Reviewed January 23, 2014

Everyone was so nice and helpful. We had a great room in a great Holiday Inn. I do not believe that anyone at the desk has ever been as nice and thoughtful as Kecia Scott was, and we have stayed in many rooms in our almost 50 years of marriage. Thank you!! Rev. & Mrs. Jerry S. Horton

Room Tip: Everyone was so nice and helpful. We had a great room in a great Holiday Inn. I do not believe tha...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
PattiMemphis, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Memphis Southwind, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2014

Rev. & Mrs. Horton
It was our pleasure to have you as our guests; we are very pleased to know that you were happy with our room accommodations and customer service. We will ensure that Keisha is aware of your nice comments concerning the service that she delivered to you. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests. We hope that you will continue to stay with us on your visits to Memphis. We appreciate the feedback we receive as it is crucial to our success. Thank you again for posting your comments.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed January 17, 2014

Anytime i travel to the Memphis area, this is the place i stay. Great room at a great value and the staff is top notch. I recommend this hotel to everyone who is going to Memphis whether its just for 1 night or for a week.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Steve M
PattiMemphis, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Memphis Southwind, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2014

It was our pleasure to have you as our guest, we Thank you for sharing your experience regarding your stay with the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Memphis Southwind, TN.
We are always very happy when a guest contacts us about the wonderful service they have received. We realize you have many choices when it comes to lodging, and we sincerely appreciate you choosing us.
Thank you again for your kind words. We hope to have you as a guest in our hotels again soon.

Warm Regards, Patti & Staff

Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

Check-in was a breeze, except the front desk agent had no personality; kinda like a robot.
Checked into one room the bathroom.was a hot mess, refrigerator didn't work but the location of the room was perfecT...Sooo I called the front desk and had them move me to a different room which went well, except this room had soap, wet towels & hair from the previous guest in the bathroom! I KNOW RIGHT GROSS, BUT I COULDN'T MOVE BELONGINGS FOR 5PPL AGAIN!! SO again I'm back at the front desk this time asking for cleaning supplies to clean the tub, toilet etc...After a 6hr drive with 4 kids with ages ranking from 17-5 I just wanna sleep tonight but I'm out of here tomorrow; maybe THE hotel nexT has availabilities THAT I WON'T HAVE TO CLEAN!! GRRRRRRRR

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
PattiMemphis, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Memphis Southwind, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to make us aware of your experience while you were a guest at our hotel, Holiday Inn Express Southwind.
On behalf of myself and staff, I apologize that we failed to meet your expectations.
I appreciate your comments concerning your housekeeping service and I will use this incident has a training tool to improve our service.
I hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you if you’re ever in the Memphis area.
Again I personally thank you or bringing this to our attention. Please feel free to contact me if I can be of assistance.

Reviewed December 16, 2013

I booked the Meeting Room for my daughter's graduation reception. The price was very reasonable and I could not have found a better place. Room was very nice and clean, The Sales Manager, Cathy Smith was very nice and helpful. Ms. Smith was always available for questions. The staff assisted in whatever we needed and they were very nice. I want to thank the Holiday Inn Southwind for making my daughter's graduation a great memorable celebration.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
PattiMemphis, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Memphis Southwind, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2013

We will ensure that Cathy and our staff members are aware of your nice comments and are recognized for their wonderful service.
We realize you have many choices when it came to selecting a venue for your event, and we sincerely appreciate you choosing us.

Thank you again for your kind words.

Patti Davison

Reviewed November 5, 2013

Booked last minute with nowhere to stay for my wife and I. Front desk was cordial and gave us upper floor room. Upgraded us to a suite because they had one available without our asking. Bed was comfy, property was super-clean. Would stay again if I am in the area.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank marcusaurelius113
PattiMemphis, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Memphis Southwind, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2013

Whether you are traveling on business or pleasure, we know you have a choice and are honored that you selected our property for you and your wife's lodging needs. We are committed to providing you with the level of service you have come to expect from the Holiday Inn Express & Suites name, and we thank your for your kind words. We welcome you to visit us again when visiting Memphis. Warm Regards Patti & Team