“Very nice!”

Holiday Inn Express Memphis Southwind
Ranked #47 of 138 Hotels in Memphis
Reviewed August 16, 2012

this was my first stay at the HI express Memphis Southwind and it was great! The front desk staff was accommodating and friendly to me even thought he had just gotten fussed at by the previous guest checking in. The room was spacious (I got upgraded to a suite) and had the A/C running when I arrived :-). There is nothing worse than waiting for your room to cool down from not having the A/C on for days. The staff at breakfast was great and the food was very good (must try the cinnamon rolls). Check out was easy and again the staff was great. Next time I stay in Memphis, I'm staying here again!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
PattiMemphis, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Memphis Southwind, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2012

It was nice having you as our guest, we Thank You for sharing your experience regarding your stay with the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Memphis Southwind, TN.

We are always very happy when a guest contacts us about the wonderful service they have received.

We realize you have many choices when it comes to lodging, and we sincerely appreciate you choosing us.

Thank you again for your kind words. We hope to have you as a guest in our hotels again soon.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

I ended up staying two nights instead of 1 because I enjoyed my stay so much. The room was hospital clean, large and complete with fridge and microwave. The outdoor pool was also very clean and refreshing. As I had booked through Hotwire I didn't know exactly what I was getting but thankfully you can add to your stay, which I did!

Room Tip: Short drive to best hot wings in Memphis I never used room service (not sure if they have it?)
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank Ercadm

It was our pleasure to have you as our guest, we Thank you for sharing your experience regarding your stay with the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Memphis Southwind, TN.

Reviewed July 31, 2012

I have stayed here twice for about 20 nights in the last month. So I have seen the good and the bad.

The hotel is right beside the highway so you need to get a room on the backside of the hotel with an even number if you want a quiet room.

Now I knew this and each time in the request section on the Holiday Inn website requested a room on the top floor and with an even room number so I could be on the back side of the hotel.

Both times I had to end up with a back and forth with the clerk at check in to get the room I wanted and had asked for when I reserved the room.

When you are staying in a hotel for over 2 weeks you would think they would actually look at the requests especially since I am a platinum member with over 80,000 points and over 70 stays this year with the Holiday Inn chain.

Next the hotel especially on the 3rd floor is musty smelling and hot enough to make you sweat.

The carpeting in the hallway on the 3rd floor is older and worn and threadbare in several spots.

The breakfast in the morning most days is the standard Holiday Inn fare.

But more than half the days they did not have fresh fruit, low fat yogurt or boiled eggs. I’m on a diet and by not having these items the essentially had me buying my own food to eat since I could not count on them having the foods on the breakfast menu they were supposed to have.

Now that was the bad.

The good.

Every staff member I spoke to (after the initial issues checking in) was polite and extremely nice.

However that is not good enough to make up for the problems.

Room Tip: Get an even numbered room it is quieter. Good luck getteing them to do it though.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
PattiMemphis, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Memphis Southwind, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2012

Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to make us aware of your experience while you were a guest at our hotel, Holiday Inn Express Southwind.
On behalf of myself and staff, I apologize that we failed to meet your expectations.
It is our goal to ensure that all our guest request are met concerning room type and location, however due to high occupancy we were unable to meet your needs and for this we apologize.
I appreciate your comments concerning, our hotel. We are in the process of updating our common area and making improvement. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you if you’re ever in the Memphis area.
Again I personally thank you or bringing this to our attention. Please feel free to contact me if I can be of assistance.

Holiday Inn Express Southwind

Reviewed July 26, 2012

Once again a wonderful three day stay at a Holiday Inn Express. They do use a curves shower curtain for a rectangle shower/tub so the floor gets very wet and uses a lot of towels. They hotel does only have one elevator but on the good side it is not near a lot of rooms to make noise in the night. This Memphis hotel gets A LOT of business so book/plan early. During our stay we also noticed a few quests from the Hotel next door using our pool. There was enough room for all of the kids.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
PattiMemphis, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Memphis Southwind, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2012

You mentioned that you had an issue with you shower curtain, we appreciate you sharing this with us, it allows us the opportunity to make the needed adjustments and repair before the next guest.

Reviewed July 24, 2012

While the room was clean & the staff very friendly, our tub didn't drain properly. We did appreciate the free breakfast every morning! The pool area was very clean, actually the whole hotel was very clean. Our biggest problem was the hotel only has one elevator & it's right by the front doors. So if your at the other end of hotel (we were) it's easier if you use the stairs.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
PattiMemphis, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Memphis Southwind, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2012

You mentioned that you had an issue with you tub drain, we appreciate you sharing this with us, it allows us the opportunity to make repair before the next guest.

Reviewed July 12, 2012

We were very pleased with this hotel in Memphis. The pool, the breakfast, the decor...no complaints. Even so, except for sleeping...We spent most of our "hotel time" over at the Peabody Hotel. Our grandson LOVED the ducks parade at 11:00 and the tour of their "duck palace" on the rooftop of this snazzy downtown hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
PattiMemphis, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Memphis Southwind, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2012

Thank you for sharing your experience regarding your stay with the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Memphis Southwind, TN. We realize you have many choices when it comes to lodging, and we sincerely appreciate your business.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

we stayed here while on our trip to tennessee. the people who worked here were incredibly friendly and willing to help. when we first got to our room it smelled musty but when we told the staff they were more then accomodating and fixed the problem. the room has a microwave, refridgerator, the beds were super comfy. breakfast was great. a little out of the way from the city but easy enough to get to.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank tinyrucat

We are always very happy when a guest contacts us about their stay and our clean rooms.