“Good burger joint”

BGR The Burger Joint
Order Online
Ranked #820 of 1,692 Restaurants in Memphis
Cuisines: American
Description: Burgers Grilled Right. Gourmet, award winning burgers grilled on an open flame and cooked to order. We have cold beer on tap too! Made with 93/7 USDA Prime Grade Beef. Try our chicken, turkey, ahi, and veggie burgers. Gluten free options include: regular fries, sweet potato fries, side salad, salad bowl (any burger on a salad), lettuce wrap, asparagus. Prefer protein wraps or salads? Those are delicious too! Have a burger and feel healthy about it.
Reviewed May 15, 2018 via mobile

Good burger joint with lots of menu choices. I had the world championship burger. It was flavorful and juicy and cooked just like I ordered it. The only real drawback was the tea was not fresh brewed. It was some kind of fountain drink mix. It’s location is convenient it lots of places located just off popular and The interstate. It also has ample parking.

Date of visit: May 2018

Reviewed December 28, 2017 via mobile

We had been to BGR previously when visiting family and decided to go back. Ordered a burger and it took forever to get. The cook said he over cooked and was cooking us another one. The second burger was raw. So unfortunately I had to ask for my money back. They were gracious understanding enough to give us a refund.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed November 26, 2017 via mobile

We were greeted immediately at the counter and the staff was pleasant. The kitchen is open so you can watch your burger cook. As our burgers were cooking there was a grease flame up (not unusual when cooking burgers) but the cook wasn’t watching (he had left to go in the back) so the burgers sat in the direct flame. Not surprisingly, there were over cooked (not juicy at all). I’d also ordered a burger with three ingredients and they forgot one. The fries were cooked well, although a bit over salted.
One thing I thought in poor taste: you order at the counter and they run the card through an iPad, which they then turn for you to sign. Very prominently displayed on the iPad are suggested tip amounts of 15%, 20% and 25%. In my view this is not warranted for counter service and I found it bothersome. Bottom line: just OK and we likely won’t return.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed November 9, 2017 via mobile

Walked in,no one at counter,waiting awhile,guy comes out,sees us..no acknowledging just starts filling up mayo,mustard cups. Finally as we patiently wait,takes him time takes our order.when we get it,didnt have half of ingredients described when asked about burger,all he said,oh were out of sauerkraut,out of pretzel bun and so we stopped there ate what was on it. Didnt offer money back for the burger that we ordered. Never sorry. He had to have known when we ordered,he was out.,more to it but thats enough to never go back and..i ask well done..it was red..red.. we were the only people there. Know why now..

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed August 11, 2017

I'm shocked at the positive reviews of this place! Overpriced, overdone burgers. I almost walked out of this place as soon as I walked in, and I'm mad at myself for staying. It was nasty inside. Dirty. There were only three workers on a Friday night. But it wasn't busy. One worker had pants that were hanging below his butt and while cooking he kept having to pull them up. I ordered the special hickory burger with onion rings on top for my husband. It was to go, and when we opened it at our hotel, there were no onion rings, just fries on top. What?! Dumb. They didn't even tell me they were out. I tried to order grilled chicken. They were out. I had to ask for everything... lids to my cup, condiment cup.... everything was empty at the counter. The cashier was nice enough, but there was one very rude young man there who didn't know what he was doing. He was messing up all the orders I saw. I ordered sweet potato fries and they were gross. Everything was cooked from frozen.

Date of visit: August 2017

Been to BGR The Burger Joint? Share your experiences!