“Awful.”

BGR The Burger Joint
Order Online
Ranked #824 of 1,690 Restaurants in Memphis
Cuisines: American
Description: Burgers Grilled Right. Gourmet, award winning burgers grilled on an open flame and cooked to order. We have cold beer on tap too! Made with 93/7 USDA Prime Grade Beef. Try our chicken, turkey, ahi, and veggie burgers. Gluten free options include: regular fries, sweet potato fries, side salad, salad bowl (any burger on a salad), lettuce wrap, asparagus. Prefer protein wraps or salads? Those are delicious too! Have a burger and feel healthy about it.
Reviewed November 9, 2017 via mobile

Walked in,no one at counter,waiting awhile,guy comes out,sees us..no acknowledging just starts filling up mayo,mustard cups. Finally as we patiently wait,takes him time takes our order.when we get it,didnt have half of ingredients described when asked about burger,all he said,oh were out of sauerkraut,out of pretzel bun and so we stopped there ate what was on it. Didnt offer money back for the burger that we ordered. Never sorry. He had to have known when we ordered,he was out.,more to it but thats enough to never go back and..i ask well done..it was red..red.. we were the only people there. Know why now..

Date of visit: September 2017

Reviewed August 11, 2017

I'm shocked at the positive reviews of this place! Overpriced, overdone burgers. I almost walked out of this place as soon as I walked in, and I'm mad at myself for staying. It was nasty inside. Dirty. There were only three workers on a Friday night. But it wasn't busy. One worker had pants that were hanging below his butt and while cooking he kept having to pull them up. I ordered the special hickory burger with onion rings on top for my husband. It was to go, and when we opened it at our hotel, there were no onion rings, just fries on top. What?! Dumb. They didn't even tell me they were out. I tried to order grilled chicken. They were out. I had to ask for everything... lids to my cup, condiment cup.... everything was empty at the counter. The cashier was nice enough, but there was one very rude young man there who didn't know what he was doing. He was messing up all the orders I saw. I ordered sweet potato fries and they were gross. Everything was cooked from frozen.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed June 11, 2017 via mobile

The worst burger for price I've ever had. It was $12 for a tiny burger and a mediocre amount of fries. Whoever writes a good review for this place is out of their mind, and has no real sense of what a good burger tastes like. Those people should be quarantined away from society along with any offspring they may have produced.I'm so upset by this experience I went and downloaded TripAdvisor just so I could tell people to never go here. If you're in the area just go to five guys down the street, and I don't even like five guys. I'm sure it's not the owners fault because it's a chain, and that's how it's set up; however, just don't go here. Too pricey for too little.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed January 15, 2017

I enjoyed my burger here tremendously.
The decor is basic, but my burger was not.
It is a rarity to find a restaurant in Memphis which is clean. It is rare to find a restaurant in Memphis in which the staff is courteous. This restaurant has both.
Parking was plentiful.
Many choices of burgers styles and toppings.
And it is a restaurant that actually lets its customers choose the temperature (doneness) of the beef!!
Beer is served.
Prices are moderate.

Date of visit: January 2017
Reviewed December 2, 2016 via mobile

We stopped here for a quick dinner; it was not very busy and we needed a quick bite to eat. My husband and I both ordered burgers with no buns, with bacon, avocado and an over easy egg on top. After waiting about 15 minutes, my husband finally went to check on the order, it had been sitting there for several minutes. The meat was overcooked and very small for the price, the eggs were cooked hard, but the bacon was tasty.
They are overpriced for the quality of food and service.

Date of visit: December 2016
Nate R, Manager at BGR The Burger Joint, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2016

Hi Roncourt,

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We're sorry to hear about your recent experience.

We strive to impress all of our guests with a quick variety of great tasting food, and are very sorry to hear that we didn't meet your expectations. . We're known for our cooked to order and flavorful burgers, so we're very disappointed to hear that what you received was not exactly how you had requested it to be prepared. Although we wish you would have brought this and your other concerns to the attention of a manager, we thank you for providing us with this valuable feedback now so we can discuss this incident with our staff, and avoid making the same mistakes in the future.

Warm Regards,
BGR

Been to BGR The Burger Joint? Share your experiences!