“The food was terrible”

BGR The Burger Joint
Ranked #698 of 1,445 Restaurants in Memphis
Cuisines: American
Description: Voted "Best Burger Restaurant in DC" by Business Insider. Voted "Best Burger Restaurant in DC" by Washingtonian Magazine. Voted "Best Burger Patty" by Washington Post. BGR The Burger Joint is helping lead the better burger market with a menu designed around our commitment to using only the highest quality ingredients. BGR's menu is designed around an exclusive blend of Prime, Dry-aged burgers, grilled over an open flame. Menu offerings include burgers, veggie burger, grilled chicken, turkey burger, lamb burger, ahi tuna burger, hot dog, kids meals, regular fries, sweet potato fries, onion rings, asparagus, handspun shakes, side salads, lettuce wraps, salad bowls and beer/wine and other seasonal specialties. Gluten Free options include: regular fries, sweet potato fries, side salad, salad bowl (any burger on a salad), lettuce wrap, asparagus.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The food was terrible”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Chilli chesse fries were ok. The burgers we ordered medium well burgers, they were burnt, the onions rings were soggy with no taste ,it was over priced , thought we would get a good burger , my family and I will not give it a 2nd chance,and we eat out alot ,

• Visited May 2013

Memphis, TN
“Overpriced, average burger”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Stopped in for lunch, hoping the experience would be better than the reviews. Nope. First complaint, the prices are WAY too high for what you get. Burgers were $6.50 - $10. Fries are $2.29 more ($4 for onion rings). I had the lunch special (burger, fries, drink) for 8.99 + .89 for cheese. The burger was decent. I asked for the mojo sauce on the side, but it turned out to be milder than I expected. I'd give the burger an overall 7 on a 10 point scale. The bun was good, the meat tasted a little bland and the toppings seemed fresh. Fries were not great (not terrible). They were crispy, which I like, but very bland and did not taste fresh. They do have the newer coke freestyle machines, which I think should be the standard everywhere.

I'll say that my friend had a worse burger than me. His was ordered medium, but came out medium rare and his bun was soggy. Another friend had a burger with blue cheese and bacon and was more satisfied than I was. Service was a little slow, even considering that everything is custom cooked to order.

Bottom line... this place is not worth the price. You can get a better burger elsewhere and get it for less. I'd go back, but I wouldn't seek it out. THey do have sliders, which I'd try next time if I ever get talked into going again.

For the price, Five guys is nearby and is a better deal, plus their fries are excellent.

• Visited May 2013
Cordova, Tennessee
“Pitiful.”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

I really enjoy a good burger. Too bad I did not get one today. Well done does not mean burnt. Onion rings cooked in oil too hot and ring was raw in middle. And the guy taking my order slighted me on my groupon. Will not be back. Will not recommend.

Cleveland, Ohio
“OK Food”
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Food was OK, nothing special. I like that it was made to order. It did take a long time to be served, even though there was only one person ahead of us. I also liked the Coke machine with the hundreds of flavors.

Visited December 2012
Eden Prairie, Minnesota
“Over priced”
Reviewed December 10, 2012 via mobile

Paid $19 for a burger,five large onion rings, and a chocolate milkshake. The burger was cooked to my liking. The onion rings were burnt. It killed the flavor of the batter. The milkshake was small for its price. It was listed as a double but came in a 12oz clear plastic cup. Meh not that impressed for the price.