“A must for Music buffs”

and up
Memphis Gibson Guitar Factory Tour
Ranked #5 of 31 Tours in Memphis
Reviewed November 13, 2011

This tour was so interesting, I had no idea what to expect, yet I was completely overwhelmed. So much effort goes into the process. The tour guide was extremely knowledgeable and did not rush us at any point. I look forward to doing it again.

Reviewed November 8, 2011

went on the tour and learned process of making a guitar, very cool.

Reviewed November 6, 2011

The Gibson factory was great,the ideal place for a picker to visit.

Reviewed October 31, 2011

Nice to see these Guitars are made in America! Really cool tour, but not long enough!

Reviewed October 31, 2011

Even though the tour is very short, I thought it was interesting since I had no idea what goes into making a guitar. It's nice to know some things are still handmade and made right here in the good 'ol USA. They also have a factory in Nashville and Bozeman, MT our tour guide told us. The tour is very informal, but the guide was happy to answer any questions and is knowledgeable. The staff in the store was helpful too. I see some reviews criticize having to pay for the tour, but I certainly didn't think it was an outrageous price and didn't mind paying. The tours happen M-F beginning at 11 am. If you go to the 11am, the workers are at lunch until 11:00, so you won't see as much. Things are in full swing at the 12:00 pm tour though so I recommend going to the 12:00 or 1:00 pm tour. Later in the day, some of the workers are finished so you won't see any work being done.

1  Thank brendaSt_Paul_MN