“New Fave Restaurant”

Stone Soup
Ranked #120 of 1,474 Restaurants in Memphis
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Has beenopen for about 4 months . Located in the Coop-Young area that is home to several unique restaurants. This is very good food and an on-site bakery.
Reviewed March 14, 2013

My husband and I discovered this homey little place recently, and now go about once a week. We've always been welcomed warmly; the servers are friendly, unobtrusive and knowledgeable about the food; and the food . . . the FOOD!

From cornbread to vegetables to gumbo to lasagne to dessert, everything has been delicious.

I almost hesitated to rate Stone Soup because selfishly, I don't want it to be so crowded we can't get it.

But--truly--a treat on all levels. And very reasonably priced.

There are newer reviews for Stone Soup

Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

We went for lunch today and the food and service was excellent. The pimento cheese sandwich is awesome and the gumbo was so delicious! Everything was great! We're excited to try breakfast soon. Oh and the cornbread is so yummy :) thanks stone soup cafe.

1  Thank Goodfoodduder
Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

I love this place! I have been there every weekend for the last month and a half. Their breakfast is yummy! The biscuts are amazing and the gravy delish with a side of their in house mixed turkey sausage you cant go wrong. As hard as it was I did finally branch out for lunch and the pork chops with blue cheese sauce did not disappoint with sides of fresh sautéed squash and the fresh slightly sweet cornbread. Breakfast, brunch or lunch this a great choice.

Reviewed December 4, 2012

These people make eggs right! It was so good the first morning that we came back for the second morning of our stay.
Normally, when we travel (and this was one of those times), we want to try somewhere new all the time. Stone Soup Cafe was so good we threw that policy out the window.
The first morning I had poached eggs and they were exceptional with delicious biscuits and home made hashbrowns. The second day I had a perfect omelette with a side of thick bacon. Everyone at the table had exactly what they wanted both days and Stone Soup Cafe was our unanimous choice. When we come back, we'll come back here!

Reviewed June 18, 2012 via mobile

Breakfast served all day! We went for Sunday brunch and had their crab quiche. Mouth watering good! We sat outside and it started to rain so they moved us upstairs in an extra room. The only thing I didn't like was that the food came out seperatly. We didn't receive our food together so we had to eat seperatly. Other then that it was good. Price varies. Not cheap but average price for the location and better food then chains.

Been to Stone Soup? Share your experiences!