“"Upscale" Holiday Inn”

Holiday Inn Univ of Memphis
Ranked #45 of 138 Hotels in Memphis
Reviewed July 19, 2007

Stayed here during my trip for UofM orientation for my son. I stayed 18 and 20 July 07. I normally stay in 4 diamond (AAA rated) hotels and I'm very picky. I stayed here because of the proximity to the school, suite concept (separate sleeping spaces divided by a door -privacy), free wi-fi, and the price. I must admit, both stays were great. Very nice public areas - best I've seen in a 3 diamond hotel. First night, upgraded to the Presidential Suite due to my membership # on the reservation. This is an all-suite hotel, so the presidential was just bigger and included a robe in the bedroom. No additional perks. The sofa in the presidential was a normal one so we had to request a rollaway. We got it in 10 mins and the front desk called to make sure it arrived and asked if we needed anything else. Rooms are clean and show normal wear. Linens are very cheap but pillows are comfy. Needed to come back a couple of days later, but the website showed no availability. However, the front desk staff found me a room. Awesome. No upgrade avail, but for $99 gov't rate, I'm not complaining. In fact, my son liked it better because it came with a sofa bed and was still very spacious. About an hour after I checked in the second night, the front desk called to see how I was doing and if I needed anything. Now that's customer service! No free breakfast, but the on-site restaurant breakfast buffet w/ coffee was $11 - basic omelette station, fresh waffles, eggs, sausage, potatoes, cereal, fruit, etc. Great value. I rated it above average because the customer service and value exceeded my expectations. The hotel and restaurant staff are soooo nice and helpful. If you are doing business at or near UofM, this is the place.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank SocialButterflyJag

Reviewed June 1, 2007

This was an impressive, clean, spacious hotel for a GREAT low rate. Don't let the rate fool you... sometimes you CAN get more than what you paid for. The rooms are all two-room suites (not just a wall separating two living areas).

I stayed here with three teenage daughters, and we had PLENTY of room, including space for getting ready for a big graduation party (the full-length mirror on the back of the bedroom door was a huge help). The sitting room had a couch, side chair, and a small dining table with two other chairs - plus the kitchen area. There were plenty of outlets, too, for all of our beauty appliances.

The breakfast buffet was a treat... made to order omelets, Belgian waffles, and mounds of fresh fruit. The staff also made the stay pleasant... requests for extra towels were answered IMMEDIATELY.

The hotel is off the beaten path, but we had no problem finding our way to downtown Memphis since the front desk had printed directions for all the main sites.

Parking was plentiful and free. The business center (with welcomed free Internet access for our teenagers) was open 24 hours.

We will definitely go back to this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed October 24, 2006

I am a native Memphian, and I have got to tell you that this hotel has all the ABC's covered!
I have had the pleasure of being at this hotel for several occasions including workshops, reunions/banquets and other activities "what happens at the Holiday Inn STAYS at the Holiday Inn...lol". Each and every time I have been impressed with this hotel from the accomodations, to the service to the delicious food served in their in-house restaurant.
Whether you are a local or out of town traveler, you will be hard pressed to find such a beautiful and convenient hotel for the price.
Outstanding!!!

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled on business
3  Thank mphsdiva
Reviewed September 6, 2006

Nice suite-style rooms. Very clean and nicely arranged. Was impressed with the lobby, plenty of places to sit with convenient televisions.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled on business
3  Thank renfield1969
Reviewed July 28, 2005

Rooms are all suites and very spacious. Great room for the price. Wonderful lobby, bar, and restaurant.

• Stayed: May 2003
5  Thank hotelreviewed
Reviewed July 9, 2005

Excellent spacious rooms with kind, friendly, helpful service. Hotel itself is large and attractive. Lobby is very inviting. This hotel offers beautiful banquet facility. The only downfall for this hotel is there is no pool facilities, however, that was easy to forgive based on everything else you receive.

• Stayed: June 2005
1  Thank NKTB
Reviewed November 29, 2004

We stayed during the Thanksgiving holiday. What a surprise! We received excellent service, the rooms were pretty and clean, and the hotel staff were extremely helpful and professional. I haven't stayed in a Holiday Inn in year (>10) and I was pleasantly surprised. The only negative would be the fact that it isn't particularly close to downtown Memphis. However, downtown is only approx 5 miles way so it's easily accessible. Great hotel for the money.

1  Thank Jazzyjae