“Good lunch value”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed November 1, 2012

It may seem like a bar from the outside, but stop in for a huge, decent lunch. My favorites are the numerous burger options and the fried chicken salads. The tab is a little on the higher side for the setting (maybe $8-10 a person for lunch), but the food is good and the portions are humongous. You will most likely be taking a doggy bag home with you.
The owner is almost always there and the service is great.

There are newer reviews for The Green Beetle

Reviewed October 31, 2012

I have been here while visiting 2 years in a row. I keep walking in to a sour puss bartender who wont smile or be attentive. I find this place just average. Average food and one stupid name for a bar as well as an ugly interior with a god awful stain glass piece of green Beatles sitting around a bar. I always get upset when service is terrible. I will never walk in here again.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

Meatloaf sandwich was salty beyond anything I have ever tasted and cold, fries were good which is why two stars not one. Wouldn't go again, not with so many other places in the area.

Reviewed July 5, 2012

Our son took us to the Green Beetle on a recent visit to Memphis. It is a small, casual pub where the locals seem to go.

We had sandwiches, appetizers and drinks. All were very good and reasonably priced.

I'm sure we will be back on our next visit to Memphis.

Reviewed January 14, 2012

Enjoyed the simple but tasty food on the small menu. The meat-lovers loved the burgers and the vegetarians enjoyed the portabello mushroom sandwhich. The staff was great - very friendly and helpful with tips on where to to go and what to see when they knew we were out of town. All in our party agree that if we lived in the area The Green Beetle would be our local pub.

If you're looking for simple but tasty food in a friendly, authentic environment with sincere staff, this is a good place to go. Just a block up from Beale St. it's a nice break from the tourist trap of restaurants and noise on the main tourist strip.