“Memphis got the job done!”

Quality Inn Memphis Airport
Ranked #44 of 138 Hotels in Memphis
Reviewed June 5, 2013

As two buddies on a road trip, we chose this hotel because it was cheap and a good brand name. The check in was easy, and sure its a gated lot, but why get bent out of shape just because of that. Sure they don't have much around, but if you do you research before, you would have found that out. They have some very awesome comfortable bed, and for the noise, sure its by a busy street, and a Kentworth trucking spot across the road, but that's why you close your eyes and sleep. If people have such problems with picking hotels and then complaining about it, well its your own fault, do more research, you can't just expect every hotel to be in the best spot of the area, with everything around! They have a very clean outdoor pool that is worth checking out. The breakfast was a normal egg, bacon, sausage, biscuits and gravy, cereal kinda deal, which wasn't bad at all. If you want to get to an awesome BBQ restaurant that is top notch go to Marlowes, its the best in town, and I think best ever. Also Memphis, wouldn't be Memphis without checking out Graceland.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Nimesh P, Owner at Quality Inn Memphis Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

Dear Guest,

I am excited to see that you had an excellent stay at our property! My staff and I are pleased to hear your stay was a success in Memphis. We hope to serve you again should you pass through Memphis on another road trip. Thanks again for taking the time out to submit a review and hope you have a continued safe journey on your road trip.

There are newer reviews for Quality Inn Memphis Airport

Reviewed May 27, 2013

We were on the first leg of a 10 day road trip.. Detroit, to Memphis, to Biloxi, then Nashville and back home. Had planned to spend 2 days in Memphis and really wanted to settle in to one place for both nights. Had made reservations here a week earlier. Had other preferences, but it was Memorial weekend and this was the first available mid-way between Graceland and downtown.

We arrived just prior to the 6 PM cancellation deadline. Honestly, if we didn't already know most places were sold out, we would have driven away and called in to cancel. There is nothing nearby for food or shopping, and the entire place is surrounded by a wrought iron fence with a gated entrance. Maybe that adds a layer of "safety", but why stay in an area that needs that?

We checked in none-the-less, out of desperation. Desk staff was friendly, lobby was less than impressive. Swiped our card at the gate, drove around back and found our room. We had asked for a smoking room, and that's what we got. An interesting combination of stale smoke and dampness. Carpet looked and felt like it hadn't been cleaned in ages, light in the bathroom was flickering like something out of a horror movie. What sealed the deal for us was sitting on the bed, which felt like it was filled with cotton batting. We looked at each other and said.. We're outta here!
Girl at the front desk had a small problem cancelling the charges, had to make some calls, but got it done.
Glad others had a good stay here. It just wasn't for us. We ended up calling our fingers off and finding a room at a Holiday Inn Express about 10 miles away, and we were SO GLAD WE HAD MOVED!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Nimesh P, Owner at Quality Inn Memphis Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

Dear Guest,

Let me be the first to apologize for the dissatisfaction you experienced. I understand traveling such great lengths can be tiresome. Although the hotel is situated in a corporate / industrial market, and its close proximity to the airport, there are several restaurants just two lights down from the property. My staff would have been glad to provide you with a list of the nearby fast food and sit down restaurants upon request. The gate at the entrance is simply used for park and fly guests, looking to have shuttle service to the airport while leaving their car behind at the property. The gate protects the hotel from non Best Western guests requesting shuttle service. Several other hotels in the surrounding airport market offer the same and use a gated system as well, therefore please do not be discouraged on that. Once again, I apologize we were not able to offer you a pleasant stay.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

We stayed here three nights. I was a little concerned about this hotel because of all the reviews about the noise. Our room was in the back and I had no problem with the noise from the planes, but my husband did hear it one night. Close to Graceland, it was about a 5 minute car ride. No restaurants within walking distance, but again a 5 minute car ride away. Room was clean and the bed was comfortable. Breakfast was good, and the people were friendly.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Nimesh P, Owner at Quality Inn Memphis Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review on my property. I am glad to see your stay was pleasant. I hope to see you again in the future if you should travel through Memphis again. Once again, thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

Just left Best Western today after a 2 night stay. After reading some of the reviews I was surprised when we got there. We were in a room facing the road, continuous traffic so noisy but this can't be changed, i would ask for a room in the back. The room was very clean and, spacious and nicely decorated. The shower head is amazing!!! The motel is fenced in and I felt safe the whole time we were there. The area isn't as bad as previous posts say. Trust me there are a lot worse in Memphis. The motel is 5 mins from the airport so obviously there is noise from planes but really the only time this was a problem was 3am to 5 am when the Fed Ex planes are on the move. The breakfast was comparable to other places I have stayed, not amazing but sufficient. A big plus for us was the airport shuttle. My Dtr. Was on it at 4.30am to the airport then back at 7pm. This is a place I would stay again

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review on my property. I am glad to see your experience went well at my hotel. I hope to see you again should you travel through Memphis in the future.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

We only stayed here one night; that was enough. We had a dark room on the first level, close to the parking lot gate. This is a motel; the doors to your room open directly into the parking lot which was a safety concern in this area. I did not realize this when we booked. One of the reasons I'm not a fan of the Best Western chain is because I find their branding confusing. I thought the "Executive Inns" were nicer and not motels.

When we first arrived mid-afternoon I was concerned about the noise level from the airport. Planes were flying directly overhead but we didn’t hear anything during the night. This hotel is close to Graceland. I would have preferred to stay closer to Beale Street but there was close access to the highway. I don't recall seeing many restaurants in this area.

The room could have been cleaner. The furniture was definitely due for an upgrade and the service wasn’t great. Our keys didn’t work multiple times and I waited approximately 15 minutes at the front desk to check out. The lady ahead of me said she had been waiting for a while before I got there and she was fuming mad. The breakfast room staff could not find anyone to serve us. Waiting that long and then having to listen to an irate customer was a very unpleasant experience.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Vay_KayK8e
Nimesh P, Manager at Quality Inn Memphis Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2013

Dear Guest,

I sincerely apologize that you had an unpleasant stay at my property. The property is an "airport' hotel, due to its close proximity to the Memphis International Airport. I understand your concern on the parking lot gate, however this is not from a safety perspective. We simply provide a "park & fly" service to our airport travelers. Therefore in order to protect the hotel, we've installed a gate system to discourage non-paying hotel guests from using this service.

I apologize on the furniture not meeting your expectation, however the hotel under went a full renovation last year, which included new furniture, carpeting, granite vanities, HD-LCD TV's, & much more. We have implemented Best Western's latest design requirements at our property.

I will speak to my staff member on the long wait you faced upon check-out. I sincerely apologize for this and not being able to meet your expectations.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

Spend the extra $$$ and go to a different side of town. Airport runway noise , close to Graceland but not in a traveler friend district, first clue was the gated parking lot. breakfast consisted of under cooked bacon and sausage. ask for cooking spray for waffle iron but was not able to locate any. top off our stay my wallet went missing, wow thanks a lot Memphis see you in my rear view mirror.never again.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Quinndawg
Nimesh P, Manager at Quality Inn Memphis Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2013

Dear Guest,

I apologize for your unpleasant stay at my property. I will discuss the breakfasts items with my staff to ensure your incident does not happen again.

Due to the hotel's proximity to the airport, the hotel caters to airport travelers, corporate travelers, and leisure travelers. The hotel is positioned in a corporate environment with surrounding business parks and industrial companies. The reason the hotel has a gate is to provide a 'park and fly' service at times for the guests. Guest have appreciated the idea of implementing a gate, and therefore management followed through by installing one on behalf of guests.

Once again, I apologize for your unpleasant stay and hope this does not deter you from staying at any other Best Western franchises.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

As a hotel desk clerk/ assistant manager I have high expectaions when it come to hotels after about a hour and a half of reviews and searching online I found this hotel. the front desk was very nice except for the short hair, blonde women who worked i am guessing 3/11 shift. she acted as if she didn't want to be there nor have you there at all. The room we stayed in was a nonsmoking on the top floor in the front of the hotel it was nice big bathroom,soft beds, clean very clean at that. We only booked the room for one night but ended up staying for two. There is a gate that locks you and you car in the parking lot which we found safe. one thing i found not to understanding was that the hotel had a big sing in front and on the web site saying no pets allowed but we pulled up to the hotel with a man holding back his really big dog that was barking a growling at us. other that the hotel was a great price and nice place. they have a wonderful breakfast in the mornings that will fill you up and have you going all day.

Room Tip: the non smoking rooms are the best ones if you are a smoker i suggest just going outside like we did...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Shelley W
Nimesh P, Manager at Quality Inn Memphis Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback regarding your stay. I apologize for any temporary inconvenience that you may have faced upon check-in. I assure you that Susan is one of our top front desk receptionists, and there were no misconstruing intentions on her part.

I am glad to hear that you loved the room! We hope that you will come stay with us again. On behalf of my entire staff, thank you for extending your stay as well. We always love to hear that from our guests. We all look forward to serving you again.

Best wishes,