“If you like spicy fried chicken go here.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Gus's World Famous Fried Chicken
Ranked #5 of 1,429 Restaurants in Memphis
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Grand Rapids
“If you like spicy fried chicken go here.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014

My husband, adult son and I ate here knowing the fried chicken would be on the spicy side and yes it was too spicy for my husband and myself, but our son liked it. Don't go here if you can't stand some spice.

Visited February 2014

Sydney, Australia
“Oh my goodness”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014

Almost forgot to go here, but oh so very glad we didn't. Even my partner who says he doesn't like fried chicken loved loved loved this place(he still talks about it to this day as the very best he has tried). The chicken is moist crispy and tongue tingling (my mouth is watering just thinking of it now). You will probably have to wait for a seat, we did, but we weren't in any particular hurry and didn't have to wait too long, but it is worth every second!!!

Visited April 2013
North Andover, Massachusetts
“Great lunch off the beaten path”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

Don't get sucked in by Beale Street and the other touristy traps downtown. Venture south to find chicken delight. Don't expect fancy table wear or glasses. Nothing beats a paper plate full of spicy chicken and great sides with ice cold lemonade in a cup. Recently saw this as one of Maxim magazine's "Manliest" restaurants in the country, it's good for all. Must go.

Visited November 2013
2 Thank Paul G
Ramsey, Minnesota
“Try the dessert also!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2014

Our son had suggested we go to Gus's for a fried chicken dinner. He had said it was the best he's eaten. So off we went to Gus'. We got there and had to wait about 15 minutes to be seated. While waiting to be seated, we overhead someone say this was the BEST! We ordered our chicken dinners and well,.........it was like no other I've had. It was moist, fried crispy and very tasty, spicy! It wasn’t overly coated with batter. The baked beans were spicy also. When the waiter brought our food he commented that my chicken wing was small and he'd brought me another one. (I had ordered the breast & wing dinner.) WHAT?? I have NEVER had a wait person say any food I ordered looked skimpy! It's more like I'd have to complain about it, to get that to happen! The place was hopping! They offer appetizers, a selection of fried chicken meals, assorted sides, beverages which also included beer and also desserts. I noticed they had coconut pie on the menu. I asked the waiter if it was coconut custard. He said it was like a chess pie with coconut. I had no idea what that was, but decided I'd give it a try. It was delicious!! Try it! So glad we took the time to dine here! By the way, our waiter gave us great service. The atmosphere was very casual. People were dressed casual to professional. The food was served on disposable items. You can order take out also.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Memphis, Tennessee
“Chickeeeeen”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2014

Wow was blown out of my mind after eating here. The best chicken in the world, hands down. People were great and absolutely loved it. Going to become a regular place for us.

• Visited February 2014