“So fresh!”

Dining options: Late Night
Mississippi
“So fresh!”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Yes the chicken is amazing fried, but it is fried when you order it. So you have to wait a while but the result is a juicy, somewhat spicy, blissful piece of chicken. The price is also cheap and a great value.

Visited May 2013

United States
“Memphis Must Taste Chicken”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Gus's has been around for more than 60 years and when I pulled up outside I wasn't sure I wanted to go in. This location is older and has a lot of vacant buildings so I wasn't so sure if it was worth my time. When I walked in the front door there were 20 people standing around for a table. The place reminded me of the back porch of my grandmothers house. The tables looked like they were from the 60's with plastic tablecloths. None of the tables or chairs matched each other and I came to the conclusion that it was done on purpose. After I was seated I ordered the chicken tenders which arrived so hot that I had to wait for them to cool. Once I took one bite I understood that this place didn't need anything fancy on the outside or the inside because the chicken sold itself. I read the history of the restaurant which everyone should do and then looked around to see that Gus's is more than chicken. Great experience for everyone!!!

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank SuperTrvlGirl
Mason City, Iowa
“Best chicken in Memphis”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Quaint little restaurant. Not very fancy but the nicest people and best chicken in Memphis. Good music coming out of the juke box. You will not be disappointed.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Marcia N
Tulsa
“Quick lunch”
Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

We stopped here on our way to Nashville for lunch and it was worth the stop!! It was crazy bizzy but we got a table almost immediately! The service was great and the restaurant was very interesting! Our food was really good and quick but didn't taste like fast food! I would def go back again! Friendly and efficient wait staff!!

Orlando
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Gus chicken”
Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

Went to Gus with my family during vacation. I would recommend going. It was good not great. From watching travel shows it looked to be best chicken in world. I had better chicken. It had a little kick that was good. Potato salad was good. If you have limited time I say do not make your first stop