“Memphis visit”

Ranked #7 of 1,473 Restaurants in Memphis
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

Picked this after numerous local recommendations. Definitely local, EXTREMELY nice wait staff. Chicken was really good, as were sides.

There are newer reviews for Gus's World Famous Fried Chicken

Reviewed November 1, 2013

Can't beat Gus's for consistency - both the chicken and the service- in a
lively casual atmosphere... We're regulars ! See you there...

Reviewed October 25, 2013

This place has spicy chicken, VERY spicy chicken. The server we had was outstanding. She was my savior by keeping my Sprite filled. They even had a PBJ for my 2 year old. Once you get past the heat, the chicken is moist and tasty.

1  Thank Princerman
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Having read other reviews, I guess my expectations were set pretty high. The chicken was good - very good, in fact - but I've had better in other places. Definitely affordable, relatively near Sun Studios and The National Civil Rights Museum, so worth a visit.

1  Thank Gerry D
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We are a couple in our 50's and were so excited to be eating at Gus's. We were not prepared for the spiciness of the chicken. We ate it, but had to take Zantac afterwards. Very crispy though. Sides were nothing special.