“Our Go-to Place for Fried Chicken”

Gus's World Famous Fried Chicken
Ranked #5 of 1,436 Restaurants in Memphis
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Memphis, Tennessee, USA
“Our Go-to Place for Fried Chicken”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013

Can't beat Gus's for consistency - both the chicken and the service- in a
lively casual atmosphere... We're regulars ! See you there...

Mundelein, Illinois
“If you love spicy, eat here.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013

This place has spicy chicken, VERY spicy chicken. The server we had was outstanding. She was my savior by keeping my Sprite filled. They even had a PBJ for my 2 year old. Once you get past the heat, the chicken is moist and tasty.

1 Thank Princerman
San Antonio, Texas
“Good, almost great”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

Having read other reviews, I guess my expectations were set pretty high. The chicken was good - very good, in fact - but I've had better in other places. Definitely affordable, relatively near Sun Studios and The National Civil Rights Museum, so worth a visit.

1 Thank Gerry D
Luling, Louisiana
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Be prepared for the heat!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

We are a couple in our 50's and were so excited to be eating at Gus's. We were not prepared for the spiciness of the chicken. We ate it, but had to take Zantac afterwards. Very crispy though. Sides were nothing special.

Visited October 2013
“Good chicken, sides were decent”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

The chicken was great, the potato salad was alright, the Mac and cheese was awesome and the sweet tea was perfect. Service was mediocre. The fried pickles were okay, I've had better. It is disappointing they didn't have an alternative to the spicy chicken for kids but they had peanut butter sandwiches. The kids had water and when I tasted it at the end I realized it was awful, full of salt. That was concerning. Baked beans and cole slaw were good, says the hubby.