“GO! GO! GO!”

Ranked #7 of 1,473 Restaurants in Memphis
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Stopped by Gus's Fried Chicken on July 4, 2013, around 11:15am, and timed this just right, no waiting. Gus's is a hole in the wall with awesome food. It is very small, meaning get their early or go later around meal times if you don't want to wait. I had the best Fried Green Tomatoes, EVER!!! The chicken is a bit spicy, but very very good. The meal for two people with drinks and an appetizer was 24.00, worth every penny. It has a chabby-chic, raggedy interior, do don't expect the Peabody flare. Great value, the sides are great, I had the fried green tomatoes, baked beans and slaw, 3 piece chicken, ice tea, all tasted great.

There are newer reviews for Gus's World Famous Fried Chicken

Reviewed July 7, 2013

I really liked the fried chicken here. Usually, places have a tendency to overcook white meat where the breast comes out dry. Gus' fried chicken was cooked perfectly! It was juicy and so flavorful. It had a small spicy kick to it but nothing overwhelming. I would definitely come back here. We had to wait about 20 minutes for a table for two, and we were in and out of there within 20 minutes.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

We ate here on a Sunday night. We just got in to town & so much was closed near our hotel. We read the mixed reviews about Gus's. We went to the one on Front St. It was crowded, but a short wait & we were seated. Our service was great! The girl behind the register was friendly as was the waitress we had. We got a family style meal. 2 of us thought it was the best chicken we ever had, the other 2 enjoyed it, but thought it was a bit spicy. It's tight quarters, but you're not there for the atmosphere. The skin was crisy & had a great taste, the meat was juicy and delicious. We added an order of fries & we all thought they were the best the fries we've ever had! I recommend it, we enjoyed it.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Juicy Chicken with a blast of spicy kick. We were greeted at door with a smiling face and from there it went uphill. Our sever was very helpful with picking sides. My wife had the two piece all white and I did they 3 piece all white. I had the collards and slaw. Both were excellent. We were not disappointed with this chicken place. You have to give it a try.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Best fried chicken I've ever eaten. Expect to wait as lines are often out the door and don't expect much for decor but if you love fried chicken, this is the place.