“Great experience”

Gus's World Famous Fried Chicken
Ranked #5 of 1,440 Restaurants in Memphis
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Bay City, Texas
“Great experience”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

I had the 1/2 chicken - 4 piece meal with onion rings mashed potatoes. Only complaint was white meat a little overlooked - which is typical but surprising in a place whose specialty is fried chicken. The dark meat pieces were great. a bit surprised at how spicy the regular chicken was - we are from Texas it was not too hot but you folks from world of bland food like Utah or Germany be careful. Overall a fine experience - very fast food feel.

1 Thank jposttx

Princeton, New Jersey
“Don't try to open a chain Restrurant next door”
Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

We went there for lunch. The service is quick and good. I ordered two pcs of dark meat chicken for less than $6. I think the two pieces white is a dollar more. I forgot to order the infamose fried pickles. I guess I have to go back there another time. Somebody told me the main store downtown is better. But I think this one is just fine with easy parking and all. Oh, the side dishes of cole slew and pops to are d good too.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank sunjoe075
Winnipeg
“Fantastic”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I can't believe fried chicken could be this good, and that they'd charge so little for it. (Three piece dinner with two sides for under $8.) Don't miss it.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank artmc
“Best Fried Chicken in Memphis!!”
Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

We went to the Gus's on Mendenhall on a Sunday afternoon expecting it to be slow. Wrong! A diverse cross section of Memphians was pouring into the little place. I had the traditional fried chicken with turnip greens and slaw. My husband had chicken strips with baked beans and potato salad. Don't bother to order the chicken strips. Compared to the traditional bone in chicken they were tasteless. And that's not the fault of the restaurant- chicken on the bone just has more flavor. And boy is it good! All the sides were good and we also had iced tea. Our bill came to twenty dollars which is a great value. Parking is tight, and the restaurant can get pretty loud but I highly recommend you eat here. Gus's is a franchise and there are several other locations in the Memphis area as well as the original location in Mason Tennessee. In my opinion, the best Gus's are downtown, Collierville and Mendenhall. You can't miss with any of them!!!

Arkansas
“The best fried chicken in the world. Unbelievable.”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Fried chicken cannot get better than this. Hot delicious, a bit spicy, juicy and generous. I sincerly do not believe it can be improved. It is pretty much perfect just like this. Anyone who squawks about service or atmosphere should be ignored, spanked, then ignored again. This is a shrine to fried chicken. Everyone should try this simply as a reference to the best there is.