“Very good food and service” 4 of 5 bubbles

Gus's World Famous Fried Chicken
Ranked #5 of 1,429 Restaurants in Memphis
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
St. Albert, Canada
“Very good food and service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

Made a quick stop here while getting some Gibsons donuts, both because of trip advisor reviews!

Restaurant was full as it was near lunch hour, so just ordered take out. Staff was friendly and service was quick. Ordered the chicken tenders meal with collard greens and Mac n cheese. Sides were delicious! Chicken was lightly breaded, juicy and tasted fresh. I don't think they were anything amazing taste wise or that I would go out of my way for, but if I was near it and needed to eat I would no hesitate to go back.

New Hampshire
“Wow!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

The chicken is just about perfect. Crisp, not too heavy on the breading, moist inside and with enough spice to make it just right. The sides were good as well. Very good service rounded out the experience, it was a great casual lunch with clients.

Sydney, Australia
“Fried Chicken the way God intended”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

Two friends recommended we eat here during our deep south road trip and, although we had had our fill of BBQ and fried chicken, we relented. It was great! Possibly the best we have ever had. The apps and sides were amazing as well: fried green tomatoes with ranch dressing, creamy potato salad and yummy mac and cheese. The slaw was great too. I only wish they made desserts!
The place is packed but the service is friendly and homey. There is a reason they are world famous: it's THAT good!

Atlanta, Georgia
“Memphis Must”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

I saw this restaurant on the Food Network and decided to take a small group of colleagues here while we were in town for a conference. It was a GREAT decision!! While it doesn't look like the nicest restaurant from the exterior, it was a great experience with delicious food! Everyone was happy with their meal, and I would definitely go back again! You can buy t-shirts, too. :)

• Visited March 2012
Montgomery
“Great fried chicken and you can get it to go”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

My daughter and I went there Valentine's night. It was our first visit. An employee greeted us at the door. When I asked which was quicker, ordering to go versus eating in, we were told that you got your food quicker if you ordered to go. So, we ordered chicken with sides of potato salad (yummy), macaroni and cheese, collard greens, and baked beans. Each plate included a piece of white bread. They have cute t-shirts for sale for only $14 that makes a great Memphis souvenire. So,we walked by patrons of Frank Grisanti's place in the atrium of the Embassy Suites on our way to eat our wonderful Gus's fried chicken in my hotel suite. And I do believe we sensed some chicken envy as we strolled by :) Bottom line: order to go and be sure and buy a cool t-shirt with their world famous logo.