“Memphis Must”

Ranked #14 of 1,538 Restaurants in Memphis
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed February 17, 2013

I saw this restaurant on the Food Network and decided to take a small group of colleagues here while we were in town for a conference. It was a GREAT decision!! While it doesn't look like the nicest restaurant from the exterior, it was a great experience with delicious food! Everyone was happy with their meal, and I would definitely go back again! You can buy t-shirts, too. :)

Reviewed February 16, 2013

My daughter and I went there Valentine's night. It was our first visit. An employee greeted us at the door. When I asked which was quicker, ordering to go versus eating in, we were told that you got your food quicker if you ordered to go. So, we ordered chicken with sides of potato salad (yummy), macaroni and cheese, collard greens, and baked beans. Each plate included a piece of white bread. They have cute t-shirts for sale for only $14 that makes a great Memphis souvenire. So,we walked by patrons of Frank Grisanti's place in the atrium of the Embassy Suites on our way to eat our wonderful Gus's fried chicken in my hotel suite. And I do believe we sensed some chicken envy as we strolled by :) Bottom line: order to go and be sure and buy a cool t-shirt with their world famous logo.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

I had some spectacularly good chicken at Gus's in Mason a few years back, so I looked forward eagerly to trying this location while passing through Memphis recently. We were able to get a table right away, a bonus I did not expect even though it was a little early. I liked the brick wall and overall character of the building. Our server was terrific, and on her advice I went the extra money for mac and cheese and collard greens with my fried chicken instead of the customary beans and slaw. The fried chicken was fabulous: crisp skin, juicy inside. I remembered it as being a little spicier, but the seasoning was OK. The collards (when I was ordering, the gentleman at the next table put in a vote for the greens, too) were great: nice and tender with plenty of flavor even though there was no ham or meat in evidence. The mac and cheese wasn't really to my tase -- quite creamy and bland -- but I can see how others would like it. Wash the whole thing down with some sweet tea and you've got yourself a nearly perfect lunch.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

Great place to stop at in Memphis. Good service, great chicken, good baked beans. Gets packed so u might have to wait. Probally the best skin I have had.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Went to the Liberty Bowl at the end of December and after our team lost we stopped here for dinner on New Year's Eve. It was busy, but we didn't have to wait long for a table and there were 10 of us. The server was new and young, so she wasn't real efficient yet, but sweet as could be as were the other servers who helped her. The fried chicken is amazing! It is a tad spicy, but that is what makes the ice cold beer taste even better! The price is more than reasonable. A 40 oz beer is $5.00 and after the day I had I had no trouble downing it. ;) If you stick with soft drinks you can eat for S10 a person (on average). They had a "Today's Special" on the wall that simply said, "Chicken".