“Great New Menu”

Dining options: Reservations
Memphis, Tennessee
“Great New Menu”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Drinks on the patio are great, and the menu pleasantly surprises.. Wally Joe and Andrew Adams continue to offer wonderfully creative drinks, and tasty new plates.

• Visited July 2013

Hernando, Mississippi
“Celebrating a Birthday !!!”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

My husband after an extensive search, looking for a unique dining experience for my birthday we found Acre. I am big on atmosphere we just dined at Restaurant Iris, for our anniversary and loved how intimate the dining was. Don't get me wrong',on the positives, the food and menu was amazing and very delicious, the waiter Marshall was excellent and extensive on all menu items and explained each dish with great detail. The sturgeon and Lamb prepared perfectly and very good. The negative was there were only 3 couples their on a Tuesday night. Many tables available and we ended up seated with reservations ahead of time, right in front of the hallway going into the kitchen, and red exit sign above. It was very distracting for me to see out in view wait staff going back and forth to the kitchen and before we were done with dinner I got to see the floor being scrubbed down with soapy water, and she's a brick house music as I was finishing my desert. Not exactly what you would expect. Out of all the tables available it was seriously not a good spot. Any other table by far would have been more intimate. I did not ask to move as I did not know we were only 3 couples to occupy the restaurant. Also I noticed the hostess lit candles on the couple who was seated after us, so we did speak up and requested for her to do the same at our table. I know this seems petty, but atmosphere on a very special occasion means a lot and this fell short. However the food was perfect and nothing to improve on that.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank travelgirlOrangePark
Jodoigne, Brabant, Belgium
“It's not all about burgers”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

This restaurant shows that the US is not all about burgers. But they confirmed that US has nice meat. I had the Grilled Angus Beef Ribeye and the Sticky Toffee Date Cake as dessert. The beef was a little bit over grilled but still the taste was marvellous. I didn't expect though that the portions were so little which make the dishes quite pricy I believe.
When tasting the first spoon of the Sticky Toffee Date Cake, I thought I was going to fall from my chair: it was SO GOOD! I don't think I have ever tasted a better dessert than that one.
Next time in Memphis, I will for sure try to get to Acre again.
Also the staff was super friendly and regularly came to check whether we were still fine.
We were with a group of 10 and got assigned a separate room. That was so nice.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Tineke07
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
“Wonderful Restaurant”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

I took my boyfriend here for his birthday and we had a wonderful experience. We had been wanting to try it for over a year, but I was reluctant because of the eclectic menu --- but I wish we had tried it sooner! The restaurant itself is beyond beautiful..... definitely one of the best atmospheres in Memphis. Our server was great and the food was outstanding! The Kampachi Crudo appetizer was one of the best things I have ever eaten. Dessert was ok, will probably skip next time. It was pricey, but well worth it for the quality of the food. This is a must try in Memphis!

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank Virginia R
Jacksonville, Florida
“One of Memphis' best”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

I was in Memphis twice over the past couple of months and had the good fortune to dine at both Interim and Acre. Acre was better.

From the warm and inviting ambience to the creative dishes using unusual fish and an unlikely mixture of Southern and Asian influences, Acre really shines. The restaurant boasts one of the better wine lists in Memphis, and the selections were off-the-beaten path wines of very high quality (e.g., the Ken Wright Pinots from several different vineyards). We would recommend Acre to anyone visiting Memphis.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Steve_S93

Been to Acre? Share your experiences!