“Just what I expected”

Ranked #69 of 1,528 Restaurants in Memphis
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 2, 2013

As everyone has stated in earlier reviews the ambiance of the restaurant is spectacular. Our waiter, Marshall, was attentive and more than willing to answer questions and give recommendations. We had the crab cake and goat ragu. Both were good but after seeing other tables with calamari, we wished we had gotten that. The entrees, unlike other reviews, outshined the apps and dessert. I had the bass and the husband had veal. I wish I could eat the crispy bass skn everyday. For dessert we shared the sticky toffee date cake, good but not out of this world. You must try the fennel martini and pecan/vanilla moonshine. Mmmmm! Fairly expensive and ill save for special occasions unless I just want to sit at the bar.

2  Thank asumrall

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Acre is in a beautifully converted 1960s ranch house on the edge of a residential neighborhood. As soon as you enter the door you feel like you have been transported to Seattle or San Francisco. The design is very open and simple, using light wood and gentles shades of yellow and green. Windows across the back of the building overlook an inviting garden which is also open for dining. The food choices are simple and elegant. The risotto we had on a recent visit was scrumptious. The atmosphere is very quiet and inviting. Another advantage for theatre goers is that it is just two minutes from Theatre Memphis making dinner and theatre a very easy night out.

2  Thank Patricia G
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Acre is a casual, yet fine dining experience. Enjoy a cocktail in the wood paneled bar before your delicious meal. Your waiter will be attentive and well-informed. Always enjoy the special of the day, you can't lose. Acre also has a beautiful outdoor area for dining or enjoying a drink and appetizer. Enjoy.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

Im an old timer , somewhat, at Acre. I love this place. If you've been careful in listening to my suggestions to attend you may have caught on that most of my recommendations have been, largely,how glamourous , how brilliantly set in decor,how enjoyable it is. I haven't always jumped for joy over my food choices. Although I have found palette expanding delights( Kim chee and amazing beef with "manna" sauce over Pom frites:)etc. My advise on food selection has mostly addressed the potential challenge the unique qualities the menu items hold- it's not Houston's. Acre has offerings for adventurers ( who don't need great heaping portions). One needs an adventuresome, open ,intelligent , attitude here though even our fair citys' most cretinous boor could always have had an evening very well spent, perhaps finding a quick loop through his or her favorite spin thru window pleasing- après. I've had lunch and dinner numerous times , always glad I went , often sheepish concerning strongly suggesting any specific dish. I've feared a lack of the aforementioned adventuresomeness and or that any reccomendee might take friends or spouse who'd be " better served" at an establishment focusing on quantity, ahem.
My recent business luncheon has changed this. I took my staff who I knew would think it cool- but had no thought they'd lick their plates , figure of speech , each and every one - alongside myself exulting in our general and individual selections.
Enough delightfully dressed chicken salad to fill a hungry boy. Risotto of the gods. The Vegetable sandwich received thumbs up. I have had to join over eaters anonymous after two baskets of the warm sliced grain bread with way too much burre avec sel.
So now- a very clarion call - theres awesome food to be found at Acre!!! By the way , there's no more lovely al fresco dining in Memphis than here- only a few weeks left perhaps:(

1  Thank Lyle5953
Reviewed September 10, 2012

After 3 tries I put this on the "NOGO" list. The restaurant is gorgeous and the wine list is superb. It falls apart with the food selections that are a bit "off the wall" such as octopus, veal breast that is served a bit fried with a white bean puree and sour cherries, pork belly dumplings with the covina, etc.
The house made chocolate ice cream is delicious, the breads are superbs and hats off to the Duck pastrami...that is about all. The rest of the menu just does not work..

3  Thank Paolosmom

Been to Acre? Share your experiences!