“Triple D was right!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Rizzos by Michael Patrick
Ranked #73 of 1,429 Restaurants in Memphis
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: The 13 on M.A.T.A. Comes by daily. The downtown trolley line is a stones throw from the front door.
Description: Upscale diner, comfort food made from the freshest meats and vegetables available that are grown locally, and yes there will be LOBSTER PRONTO PUPS!!!!!
Cabot, Arkansas
“Triple D was right!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

I saw the episode on Triple D for Rizzo's and since I love the show I knew we had to try it. We weren't disappointed, it is a small place with maybe 9-10 tables but very homey feeling and the kitchen is right there so you can see and talk to the cooks. The food was excellent as we had a brunch of Bannas Foster French Toast and the Southern Scramble I think it was called and both were MONEY! We also started off with the Lobster Pups, which were featured on the show and we just asked to try them and this are so tasty, the sauce is so good and the batter is light and fluffy. I could have eaten about a dozen by myself. Lunch was a breeze to get it but I don't know about dinner.

Visited March 2013

Memphis, TN
“Love Me Sone Rizzo's”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

We have eaten at Rizzo's about ten times. We have taken all of our foodie friends. We have always been treated lie VIPs by the chef and the waitstaff. I wholeheartedly recommend this jewel of a restaurant.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
“Wonderful Off The Beaten Path Dining Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

This place is Downtown in The Arts District. Great location and food. I had The Cheeseburger Soup and The Chicken Pot Pie. EXCELLENT!!!! I plan on going back once a month to experience the entire menu

smurfette38105
“Rizzo's is a wonderful place to eat”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

I've been going to this place for well a year now and I am always delighted in trying the specials. Great food whose taste exceeds the price points on occasion. The chef and service are great as well!

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“Needs improvement-but i think i like this place”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

I'd heard of the lobster pronto pup. What dreams that conjures up. I knew it'd be awful or awesome- its usually awesome! Substantial chunks of the crustacean battered lightly and deep fried on a skewer, the stick and batter remotely resembling memphis' iconic 'fair food'. served on a bed of greens and drizzled with a heavenly sauce that is reminiscent of a tartar -perhaps with cream? We actually considered ordering double orders for our enter selection!
Vegetarians at the table- from who's' lips compliments do not flow- really liked and enjoyed their entrees. My flank steak was very nicely prepared and tasty.
Here's the rub- the staff is bumbling -almost inept. It felt like we were being served at a Red Cross kitchen by well meaning volunteers.Really nice volunteers. There is magic in the kitchen but the service is very poorly managed or it isn't managed with fine dining in mind. Kind of like a burger joint. Friendly but disorganized and not very polished.Maybe its not supposed to be?!
In the daytime the interior is passable- food is the focus. At night it changes.High wattage fluorescent bulbs blind anyone facing the front and are by far the main light source- interrogation strength light. The mossy green paint in daylight turns goulish and attacks from the walls during the evening meal like a Mongul invasion.
My food was so enjoyable i want the restaurant to match:( Never mind- i'll lower my service and decor expectations and keep going till I've tried everything on the menu to see if it's all delicious and how consistent the quality is.

• Visited January 2013