“Fresh Veggies in a Funky Arts District”
Review of Three Angels Diner - CLOSED

Cuisines: American, Diner
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Collierville, Tennessee
“Fresh Veggies in a Funky Arts District”
Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

Three Angels is a diner in the Broad Avenue Arts District that serves fresh veggies, soups, sandwiches , other specials and home made cake! We had the Adult Grilled Cheese which was delicious and NOT low calorie! The turnip greens were good. It's obvious that the veggies were fresh and not frozen. The absolute best thing was the home made cake. The day we went it was a butter/pecan type creation and was wonderful. How many times have you have gone somewhere and the cake was advertised as home made but you sure couldn't tell? Not here! It's definitely home made. The restaurant is decorated with locally produced artwork and there is a steady stream of local artists, college kids, and local business folk coming through. Come try this place. It's owned by a well known local restaurateur who knows how to run a restaurant!

Memphis Tn
“Bad food, not clean, and not friendly.”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

A group of us tried this restaurant for Sunday brunch. We will not be back again. The floors were filthy; the menus had food stuck to them from some previous patron; the service was just barely passable and the drinks and food were not good. The Bloody Marys were way too salty and the mimosas were bitter. The orange juice may have been off or something. Never had a mimosa bitter like that before. The food was greasy and too salty. Do not order the Frittata. It is particularly bad. With all of the restaurants in Memphis, this is certainly one that there is no need to try again.

• Visited September 2012
Memphis, Tennessee
“Good first experience”
Reviewed July 21, 2012

I've been wanting to try this place for a while, as I'd heard it was a casual, family friendly restaurant owned by the same people who own Bari, which is hands down my favorite date night restaurant in Memphis. We went around lunchtime on a Saturday. It's small - about 10 tables total - but has a relaxed vibe. My husband had the burger, which he rated "very good." There was no kids menu as far as I could tell despite it being "kid friendly" so I ordered the adult grilled cheese for my almost four year old. He refused to eat it, probably because it looked different to him due to the mix of cheeses. Four year olds don't know good food - it was an amazing grilled cheese sandwich (with goat cheese) which my husband and I gobbled up. I had the pozole, which was wonderfully flavorful, and I loved the avocado, but some of the meat was too fatty for my taste. They were out of the peach puree for their bellini, which was a bummer around brunch time. I liked it though, and their Sunday brunch menu looks great, so I'll be back.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Rockawaygirl
Clarksville, Tennessee
“Unique”
Reviewed June 21, 2012

My first time here. Got a beautifully delicious Earl Salad. The homemade croutons were great. Also got a grilled chesse. It's not you mom's grilled chewed for sure. Definitely will be back.

Memphis
“Just ok”
Reviewed December 28, 2011

I wanted to love this restaurant because it's locally-owned and a great addition to the neighborhood in which it is located. My family and I visited on a weeknight while there was only one other table in the restaurant. Despite this fact, the service was extremely slow. In addition, the food portions were very small and nothing to write home about. I do want to visit again soon to see if anything has improved.

• Visited April 2011