“take you back in history”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Memphis Riverboats

Memphis City Tour and Riverboat Cruise
birmingham
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“take you back in history”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

excellent tour guide great shop they are building a new dockside for the riverboats to moor at 90 min cruise the staff make you feel at home coul not ask for better trip for the money

Visited October 2012
2 Thank confed1

Arkansas
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“This was so interesting!”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

We loved this tour. We visit Memphis twice a year and have had this tour on our list. So glad we finally went. Contrary to other reviews the tour was full of historical facts and facinating stories. Great tour guide and just plain fun to float the Mississippi, listen to great stories and sip a cold beer. Take this tour!!!!

Visited October 2012
3 Thank christinem7Arkansas
Hong Kong, China
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“Nice thing to do when you'd like to sit for a spell.”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Dealing with the cobblestones, ramps or stairs was not easy for my mom who is older. The seating/tables is plastic picnic stuff. We avoided the food cruise which seems to be hit/miss and unhealthy (according to how they described it to me). They don't let you bring your own so be prepared to have to deal with pricey and limited selection. It seems to need an upgrade for what they charge and I hope they do that one day. The gift shop had lots of things that were nothing to do with the river which was dissappointing but the penny pressing machine was working so I was happy since I mail them to friends. All that aside we enjoyed the narrator and the views. He is entertaining, engaging and it was worth it just for that information. The only downside to the presentation is that the jokes regarding women living for shopping and a man to bring home to money are outdated, at least for us. Be sure to verify schedule, ticketing as it changes like the seasons.

Visited June 2012
3 Thank SubicChick
Singapore, Singapore
44 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 90 helpful votes
“Interesting Cruise, nothing spectacular”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

It was a nice little trip to be able to sit down after walking around downtown all day. The cruise was semi-informative, perhaps I just didn't find some of the info that interesting. Ended up talking with a few Australians that sat at my table for the whole trip on different travel destinations. The river guide does do a good job at trying to keep things entertaining though. Basically you go down to one bridge, back to the other, and the back to the dock.

We went on the day cruise, not the dinner cruise because it looked like they served a buffet style food there.

I saw a few complaints on the accessibility. It's really not that difficult to access, there is a small hill to climb on the way out but that's about it. They are actually making a new docking terminal downstream that should be open in 2013 and is more appealing.

The cruise fills up spots and there are only a limited number of tables. So grab a table and make sure you're sitting with people you enjoy.

3 Thank Ben D
Germantown, Tennessee
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Memphis Riverboat Cruise”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

My parents were in town for a week, and stumbled across the Riverboats as an alternative sightseeing option. (I have lived in Memphis for 5 years, and had never heard a single person mention the cruises.) We booked an afternoon 90 minute cruise - website: http://www.memphisriverboats.net/. I was suspect of the experience, particularly, after seeing the marginal quality of the company's website, but it exceeded my expectations. The boat was clean, the ride smooth, and the narrator was very entertaining. Plus, they had a decent concession setup with food and drink.

Visited September 2012