“Beautiful hotel with comfortable accommodations and great service.”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Memphis East-Sycamore View
Ranked #16 of 139 Hotels in Memphis
Reviewed February 16, 2011

My family and I traveled to Memphis in December to visit my parents for the holidays. They live in a small apartment therefore we needed an affordable hotel in the area. The staff were very pleasant and helpful. We did not have reservations but they took care of us and gave us a great rate. The hotel has an indoor pool which my kids loved especially since swimming is usually out of question in the winter months. The room was very spacious and comfortable. The hotel also offers a hot breakfast that had everything and more that you could want including, eggs, bacon, sausage, waffles, potatoes, muffins, bagels,...you get the point! All in all, it was a great hotel and I look forward to going back the next time I visit Memphis.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with friends

Reviewed August 29, 2010

We stayed here for one night with our dog. I was a little bit wary after reading the review below about management hassling the guest about their 35 lb dog, because our dog is about 40 lbs. However, the attendant at the check in desk (who was the manager I think) didn't even bat an eye when we said we had a dog. He didn't even ask to see it, or how much it weighed, and we had no problems.

I am somewhat confused because the la quinta website said dogs of up to 50lbs are allowed. At this branch, there is a notice posted at the desk saying there is a 25 lb weight limit for dogs. It is disappointing to see this branch not adhering to the policy officially, but I am glad they don't appear to strictly enforce it.

So staying here with no hassle about our dog was a plus. Some other pluses were that we slept great and couldn't hear any freeway noise despite the proximity to the freeway. It also had a continental breakfast, which offered cereal, fruit, bagels, and pastries. I wish it had a hot breakfast but it did not. The hotel was also very clean, and the staff friendly. Finally, the high speed internet worked hassle free and was fast.

Some minuses were that it was a little pricey for what you get. Although the room was a good size and had a fridge, etc, it was nearly $100 for the night. The location is also not the greatest but we felt safe the entire time. My biggest complaint is that for a "dog friendly" hotel, there are only really small patches of grass for your dog to do its business. Overall, I'd stay here again coming through Memphis with a dog.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 14, 2010

I stayed here in early July - got to the hotel late due to the 4th of July craziness - the only downsides were that there was not much space to park / let my dog walk since this hotel is on a small piece of land. We also found out that the refrigerator in our room did not work in the morning, and had to get rid of some of our food. We let the front desk know, and they were very apologetic. I would stay here again, although the price was higher than I am used to paying.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed November 24, 2009

Travelled with my wife and dog ==35 pounds. No problem with the reservation since La Quinta is dog friendly, right?>

Our dog is over 25 lbs, he doesn't bark, or wee&poop inside!!

Size of dog seemed to be an issue, not the habits of the dog(pissing on carpet)!

We didn't like the stay because we were worried they would weigh the dog and charge us the $250 is your dog is 'not in compliance'

Next time we will stay across the street at the Quality Inn. They accept pets with no hassle.

• Stayed: October 2009
1  Thank Hungry_Dog
Reviewed November 11, 2009

My husband and I truly enjoyed our stay here. we had a suite and it was clean and very comfortable. The staff was very nice and helpful. we loved it, and will return.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 8, 2009

If you are a person that will be staying for an extended period and want to watch something other than the TV you are plum out of LUCK. YOU CAN NOT HOOK UP A DVD PLAYER OR VIDEO GAME CONSOLE TO THE TV. FOR ME THIS IS A BIG LET DOWN BECAUSE I LOVE TO WATCH MOVIES AND PLAY VIDEO GAMES WHILE TRAVELING WITH MY COMPANY. The picture for the "Fitness Center" is VERY MISLEADING. It is in a very small room with 2 Treadmills and 1 Exercise Bike. The Laundry Facilities consists of only 1 Washing Machine and 1 Dryer that does not dry your clothes in one session. I had to go a coin laundry to have my clothes washed. Oh by the way the HI SPEED INTERNET IS NOT HIGH SPEED AT ALL. If i had to pay the bill I would have checked out and went to a different Hotel.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank meankaprikorn
Reviewed May 9, 2009

this seemed like a great place but once I opened the door to the roon the smell of urin hit us in the face it was late raining and I had two kids so we asked for another room a little better but really disgusting, Never again!! this made for a bad 1st night accross country.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank hotelwow
lq0820agm, Guest Relation Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Memphis East-Sycamore View, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2009

Thanks for choosing La Quinta Memphis Sycamore View and thank you for the feedback regarding your stay. We appreciate hearing from our guests and do apologize for any inconvenience . We are sorry to hear, though, that our high cleanliness standards were not up to par on your recent visit. Your feedback has helped us to bring that into House keeping Department. The management has done many things to improve quality, service & cleanliness standards. We ensure you of improved quality standards we have set.You will be 100 % satisfied with our Hotel. We look forward to meet your future needs and serve you better. Thank you Once again for your feed back.