La Quinta Inn & Suites Memphis East-Sycamore View
Ranked #16 of 139 Hotels in Memphis
Reviewed May 10, 2013

We were hitting all the downtown sites (Zoo, Memphis Children's Museum, etc) but didn't want to stay right downtown. Most attractions were only about 15-20 minutes of driving. Our room was clean and quiet. The front desk and breakfast staff were terrific. We were concerned about all the pets, but except for seeing them in the parking lot, we had no idea they were in the hotel. I will stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Jon S

Reviewed May 2, 2013

I stay in La Quintas often because I travel with a dog and generally have great experiences. This hotel was nice, just not great. The beds are comfortable, the rooms are clean, and the staff was nice. However, there isn't much grass if you have a dog that needs it. The breakfast had cold hardboiled eggs, sausage, cereal, and pastries. I'm not a breakfast snob, I would just like the option of fruit or yogurt if possible. The shower and bathroom are separate from the sink and in a small room.

Overall it was good for a night while on the road, but for the price, I was hoping for a little better.

Room Tip: Try not to get a room near the stairwell. The door slams whenever someone goes through it.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

This was a great place to stay. The staff was well trained and loved their boss you can see it and tell when you visit this hotel. Nice clean rooms with real coffee cups and a 4 cup coffee make, not the one cup coffee maker that, well you understand. we always bring our own coffee and filters and this one we were able to use, liked it, the beds were comfy, the whole place was clean, pool was a bit chilly but hot tub was great, nice dog walk with bags for clean up, the grounds were bedded with roses nice touch for the gounds keeper which is the owners wife i may add, breakfest was great and real plates and forks to use instead of plastic, my opinion this is the the tippy top hotel in this chain, the rest of you should take note, they know how to make you feel at home, shopping is great around basspro just up the street love this place i i can say.

• Stayed: April 2013
3  Thank terrydolin
lq0820gm, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Memphis East-Sycamore View, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. Keeping the hotel according to our guests expectations and taking to beyond from there is always our goal. We appreciate your time and acknowledging the small details while you stayed.
We look forward to your another visit.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Nice rooms and comfy bed. Clean and appears to have been recently renovated. We weren't on top floor and had noisy family above. Could hear constant walking, kids running, and drawers slamming drawers. Also lots of dogs and owners taking them out during night. Non- smoking in hotel was good

• Stayed: April 2013
3  Thank kjbfc
Reviewed April 25, 2013

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank tfitz206
A TripAdvisor Member
Acton, California, USA
Reviewed April 16, 2013

My wife ad myself were traveling to Sanford, North Carolina to visit our son and his family. We checked in the hotel on Thursday march 28th. Upon arising the next day my wife became very ill with acute stomach pain. We went to Baptist Memorial Hospital to the emergency room where doctors examined my wife and admitted her into the hospital with a severe case of Diverticulitis. Our one night stay in Memphis turned into a seven night stay. The management at the hotel was very gracious and gave me and my son and his family a discounted rate. This helped us quite a bit as the stay was unexpected. The cleaning crew was beyond exceptional as the checked on me daily as far as my needs and wanted to know how my wife was doing. I thank you for all they did in my time of need. The service was greatly appreciated.
Sincerely, David and Patricia Perez