“Comfy Bed! Best Cable & Doggy friendly :)”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Memphis East-Sycamore View
Ranked #16 of 139 Hotels in Memphis
Reviewed March 11, 2013

I was traveling across the country and I stayed at Quinta Inns because they do not have a pet fee and I had my two little toy dogs with me. Well I would have stayed here regardless of dogs or not! The beds are sooo comfy and the rooms are very clean. They had the best cable! The printers don't work here unfortunately that was a bummer as I desperately needed to use the business center. The breakfast is whats expected, it's okay. They are really nice. One negative is that the WiFi is spotty and only available in the check in desk area! :/ There is no WiFi in the rooms only a hard line which is annoying I think. The bed is huge, the bathroom was huge with dual sinks and just great! I would totally stay here again! Not a lot of grass area for your doggies but for a quick stay with pets it's doable. Oh and they have a gym and a sauna! I didn't have a chance to use it but it looked great - oh and an indoor pool! :D

Room Tip: Get a corner room on a top floor if you can - so quiet and private!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Daisy G

Reviewed March 11, 2013

If you need a place to stay THIS La Quinta is it! I travel quite a bit on business and wheneverb I stay in Memphis, this is the ONLY hotel I stay at. Great staff, great appearance and great location! Although I have never used the indoor pool it does look inviting!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank Hoffy_man
Reviewed March 5, 2013

We ran into a situation where my son left some very important paper work in his room after her had checked out. We called the Hotel and spoke to Chris. Within a few minutes he called back to tell us he found it. We were already 250 miles away,so Chris took it upon himself to set up an overnite deliverey and shipped the paperwork back to us. We received them the next day and everything was great.They went out of their way to help us, when they could have very easily looked the other way.Customer service like that does not happen everday. We will always stay at this Hotel when we are in memphis.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Tim C
Reviewed February 27, 2013

We stayed here a night in Memphis on the way back from Florida. We came to see Graceland, tho this hotel is nowhere near it. We had been told the Graceland area is a little shaky so opted for this one off the highway.It was older and predictable, but clean and very comfortable. It has been updated a bit and a typical hotel room.Good beds, quiet, and slept great. We fell in love with the new flatscreen tv: a Curtis Mathes that had the most fabulous picture, we wrote down the info to try to buy it at home.You have to drive to find a restaurant, but there was a Cracker Barrel about a mile or two away. Nice breakfast buffet but nothing special about it. It took about 15 minutes to get to Graceland. An ok stop on a road trip.

1  Thank Valerie066
Reviewed February 22, 2013

This hotel, seem to have had some renovations done recently. Its a smoking hotel, didnt realize that until the next morning, when I could smell the smoke in the hallways. The room itself, was nice. Stayed in a King Suite. Overall, it seem to be a favorite for the senior citizens, they were quite a few of them lounging during free continental breakfast.

Room Tip: make sure you ask for the non-smoking section!!!
1  Thank Gladys G
A La Quinta traveler
Barre, Massachusetts, USA
Reviewed February 19, 2013

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank A La Quinta traveler
Reviewed February 16, 2013

My husband and I were so pleased with this LaQuinta. In fact, we think it is one of the nicest in which we have stayed. The rooms are new, and the bed was very, very comfortable. The complimentary breakfast was diverse and continually refreshed. We appreciated the high level of cleanliness throughout the inn. Wish we had time for a swim: the indoor pool looked so inviting. Everyone was friendly and upbeat. We dfinitely will be back, as we travel this route often.

4  Thank Bernard A