“Good place to stay.”

Ranked #16 of 136 Hotels in Memphis
Slidell, United States
“Good place to stay.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

I would stay here again. Excellent staff. Good breakfast. Weekend stay and did not partake of weekday evening food. If your room has a fireplace, you may note a smokey smell, otherwise the place was immaculate. Could hear my upstairs neighbors on occasion. Read directions on how to get onto hotel property ahead of arrival, especially if you arrive at night.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Corey C, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Memphis-Poplar, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Hi Melvin W,

We greatly appreciate your review of the beautiful Homewood Suites by Hilton Memphis East. We thank you for choosing to stay with us on a summer weekend. The staff looks forward to greeting our guests upon arrival and guaranteeing comfort throughout the stay. The spacious accommodations in our suite style rooms and daily hot breakfast provide luxury at a reasonable cost with our all-inclusive amenities. Sometimes locating the hotel can be challenging so thank you for sharing the tip with the TripAdvisor community. We have front desk staff around the clock who are available to provide directions for all current and future guests by calling (901) 763-0500. Thank you again for such a kind review!

All the best,

Corey C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
St. Louis, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

The hotel lobby was very nice, new and clean. The breakfast area was beautiful and breakfast served was very good...a lot of fresh foods served. The pool was well kept but the hot tub is closed. The room was tidy, carpet and furniture seemed clean. Unfortunately, we had issues from the start as the room smelled of smoke from the moment we walked in the door. Before my family even took our bags off the cart, we called and requested a new room but were told the hotel was booked. They sprayed some deodorizer but it didn't help. We would get used to the smell while we were in the room but when we would return it would hit us as soon as we entered. We were told the whole hotel was non-smoking but it was obvious that someone had smoked for a long time in that room or someone was smoking below us. On our way to the pool we saw another room with the window open, smoke smell coming out of it and a lighter on the table so it is obvious that the non-smoking policy is not enforced. In addition, the bathroom was in disrepair. The floor was sunken in near the toilet so the tiles were loose and the grout was cracking everywhere. Large chunks of grout were coming out of the cracks.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Corey C, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Memphis-Poplar, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear Jackie H,

Thank you very much for submitting your review of the Homewood Suites by Hilton Memphis East on our TripAdvisor page. It is great that you were able to take advantage of our daily complimentary breakfast with buffet and continental offerings. In addition to when we are serving our daily meal, the renovated lobby is a great place to gather after a long day of work or sight seeing. I do apologize for the closure of the hot tub as we are in the process of removing this amenity due to the seasonal usage. I hope this did not cause much of an inconvenience to you. In regards to your room accommodations, I am sorry that we were not able to meet your request to move rooms on a sold out night. Our hotel is not 100% smoke free as we do have 8 designated smoking rooms which likely explains the viewing of a lighter and smoke coming from select windows. Please give me a call at (901) 763-0500 if you'd like to discuss this matter further or if you have another visit to Memphis.

Kind regards,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

Our first experience with a Homewood Suites. We were pleasantly surprised at the size and amenities of the suite. The hotel also provides FREE internet access from the room, a complimentary hot breakfast, AND dinner food Mon-Thurs at a Manager's Reception. While the dinner food (fried chicken tenders) wasn't especially to our liking, it's great for families to eat cheaply. (My husband enjoyed the free beer on tap!) This is really a great value for the money. We would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

HI Debbie B,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Homewood Suites by Hilton Memphis East with the TripAdvisor community. It is wonderful to hear that you had such a fabulous stay with us. Our spacey One and Two Bedroom Suites provide tons of room to spread out and relax while in town. Complimentary high-speed wireless internet access is available in all rooms and common space areas to allow our guests to stay connected. The value in our complimentary meals speaks for itself. I am happy that you were able to take advantage of both the breakfast and dinner offerings. Our complimentary evening reception dinner will rotate nightly throughout the month so I do apologize if you did not have a particular liking one evening. We do offer our salad bar each evening and in the case of your husband and for those of age, we do have complimentary beer on tap during our evening reception. Thanks again for staying with us and we hope to see you again!

Best,

st.louis, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

I have stayed at many different Hiltons and by far this was the worse. The room had a mildew smell to it, the vanity was falling apart, and the service of the staff at the front desk left a lot to be desired. The pool literally could cause you hypothermia and they waited so late to open the pool.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Corey C, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Memphis-Poplar, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Hi Tenika S,

Thank you for submitting a review to the TripAdvisor community. We appreciate all guest feedback as it allows us to better perform and improve in areas that need to be addressed. I do apologize that your stay did not meet your expectations and am sorry for any inconveniences that this may have caused. I'd be happy to discuss the issues above with you further. Please feel free to give me a call at your convenience. I can be reached at (901) 763-0500.

All the best,

Shreveport, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

I want to say what an exemplary job Mr. David Brawner has done this past week. I let him know the evening I checked in that I wanted to see if I could stay an extra night and if he could help me get a couple other special items to help me surprise my wife for our first year wedding anniversary. For the whole week he worked hand in hand with me as if it was the only job he had all week, which as a GM I know is not true. He went above in beyond assuring I had flowers, cake and wine ready for when she arrived Friday evening. He also graciously extended my stay for the extra night that I needed without posing an issue, which I know it can be at times. I would like to pass on my thanks for the help he was able to give me! He has been more than accommodating with all of my requests and I greatly appreciated it!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Dear barnabas_13,

Thank you for submitting your review of the Homewood Suites by Hilton Memphis East to the TripAdvisor community. Your kind words about our leader speaks volumes about what we have established here at the Homewood. We make it a point to connect with all of our guests as we realize that traveling on the road can often be difficult at times. I'm thrilled to hear that your experience with us was a fantastic one and trust that your wife was very pleased with the arrangements that were set up. Please keep us in mind for your next travels into the Memphis area!

Warm regards,

Corey Childs
Batavia, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

The entire staff was extremely friendly and attentive to all guest needs!! From the GM to the drivers, to the front desk, suite keepers, to the breakfast staff, all very helpful and pleaant! Very enjoyable staff, will be back and will certainly reccommend to others!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Hi Lisa D,

Thank you for your wonderful review of the Homewood Suites by Hilton Memphis East. We are delighted to hear that you had such a wonderful stay with us during your recent trip to the Memphis area. It is our goal to make a lasting impression on every guest that walks through our doors. Each department from the time you check-in until the day you check-out is heavily involved with making sure your experience with us is one of the best. Again, your response is very much appreciated and please keep us in mind as we'd be happy to welcome you home!

Best,

Corey Childs
Oshkosh, WI
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

We were in Memphis for a family reunion. Chose this hotel because we were sharing expenses with a cousin. The 2 bedroom suite gave us privacy at a good price.

Mon-Thurs a complimentary dinner is offered. This particular Thurs it was tried chicken, green beans and a salad bar - very good food all around. Their breakfast is also very good and nutritious.

The only negative I have is the highway traffic heard in the rooms facing the highway. The first night was very hard to sleep. The second night, we asked for a room change. We received a room on the interior of the facility, facing the conference center; we didn't hear any traffic and slept well.

• Stayed May 2013
Corey C, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Memphis-Poplar, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Hi Janine K,

Thank you for submitting a review of our beautiful hotel to the TripAdvisor community. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back. The two-bedroom suites allow plenty of privacy as the bedrooms are on opposite sides of the shared living space at a very affordable rate. In addition to the luxurious suite, we have bundled value in our daily hot breakfast and M-Th Welcome Home Manager's Reception. I am also happy to hear that our Front Desk staff was able to accommodate you and your cousin in a room that better suited your needs on the second night. Please keep us in mind for your next trip to the Memphis area and/or contact the Sales Department should you want to set up another family reunion at our home!

Warm regards,