“Excellent Team” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #17 of 136 Hotels in Memphis
Shreveport, Louisiana
“Excellent Team”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

I want to say what an exemplary job Mr. David Brawner has done this past week. I let him know the evening I checked in that I wanted to see if I could stay an extra night and if he could help me get a couple other special items to help me surprise my wife for our first year wedding anniversary. For the whole week he worked hand in hand with me as if it was the only job he had all week, which as a GM I know is not true. He went above in beyond assuring I had flowers, cake and wine ready for when she arrived Friday evening. He also graciously extended my stay for the extra night that I needed without posing an issue, which I know it can be at times. I would like to pass on my thanks for the help he was able to give me! He has been more than accommodating with all of my requests and I greatly appreciated it!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Corey C, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Memphis-Poplar, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Dear barnabas_13,

Thank you for submitting your review of the Homewood Suites by Hilton Memphis East to the TripAdvisor community. Your kind words about our leader speaks volumes about what we have established here at the Homewood. We make it a point to connect with all of our guests as we realize that traveling on the road can often be difficult at times. I'm thrilled to hear that your experience with us was a fantastic one and trust that your wife was very pleased with the arrangements that were set up. Please keep us in mind for your next travels into the Memphis area!

Corey Childs

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Batavia, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

The entire staff was extremely friendly and attentive to all guest needs!! From the GM to the drivers, to the front desk, suite keepers, to the breakfast staff, all very helpful and pleaant! Very enjoyable staff, will be back and will certainly reccommend to others!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Hi Lisa D,

Thank you for your wonderful review of the Homewood Suites by Hilton Memphis East. We are delighted to hear that you had such a wonderful stay with us during your recent trip to the Memphis area. It is our goal to make a lasting impression on every guest that walks through our doors. Each department from the time you check-in until the day you check-out is heavily involved with making sure your experience with us is one of the best. Again, your response is very much appreciated and please keep us in mind as we'd be happy to welcome you home!

Best,

Corey Childs
Oshkosh, WI
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

We were in Memphis for a family reunion. Chose this hotel because we were sharing expenses with a cousin. The 2 bedroom suite gave us privacy at a good price.

Mon-Thurs a complimentary dinner is offered. This particular Thurs it was tried chicken, green beans and a salad bar - very good food all around. Their breakfast is also very good and nutritious.

The only negative I have is the highway traffic heard in the rooms facing the highway. The first night was very hard to sleep. The second night, we asked for a room change. We received a room on the interior of the facility, facing the conference center; we didn't hear any traffic and slept well.

• Stayed May 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Corey C, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Memphis-Poplar, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Hi Janine K,

Thank you for submitting a review of our beautiful hotel to the TripAdvisor community. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back. The two-bedroom suites allow plenty of privacy as the bedrooms are on opposite sides of the shared living space at a very affordable rate. In addition to the luxurious suite, we have bundled value in our daily hot breakfast and M-Th Welcome Home Manager's Reception. I am also happy to hear that our Front Desk staff was able to accommodate you and your cousin in a room that better suited your needs on the second night. Please keep us in mind for your next trip to the Memphis area and/or contact the Sales Department should you want to set up another family reunion at our home!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel for business, but I was able to bring my family because of the apartment like rooms and great amenities. They serve dinner in the evenings m-t on top of their awesome breakfast. Loved the staff, they treated us like family!

• Stayed March 2013
Hi Juish,

Thank you for submitting such a wonderful review to our TripAdvisor Community. Your kind words hit on many of the amenities and servicies that we pride ourselves on. The complimentary dinner and breakfast are all great ways to save money as our rates are all-inclusive of these great amenities and many more. It also brings me joy that your family was able to come along during the business trip solely based on our one and two bedroom suites with separate living and sleeping areas. Our staff really aims to make all guests a part of our family so thank you again for such a nice review. We look forward to welcoming you home next time you are in Memphis!

Best regards,

Nanuet, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013

My entire family (5 separate rooms ages 20 to 85) was thoroughly impressed with this hotel. The lobby was really nice and welcoming. The breakfast offered a large variety and was fresh. The suites were large and bathrooms were very clean. The outdoor barbeque area made me wish it was a permanent residence. The entire staff, especially at the front desk, was helpful, friendly, and cheerful. I would highly recommend this Homewood Suites.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Dyersburg, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

I travel about 6 months out of the year and usually stay at a different Homewood location. I couldn't get my team into that one so I called and Monique was able to get us all in for the 2 weeks we needed. She also was able to get us all together in the hotel. We were there 2 weeks and service cleanliness everything was excellent. Within the first few days, Monique made us all feel like we were home. David, manager came to greet us every night at supper to ensure everything was okay. Cory sales manager was always there to make sure we had what we needed. He also assisted me in booking our next 2 week trip in May. My entire team decided within just a few days- this is our new home.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Corey C, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Memphis-Poplar, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Hi Melissa N,

What a wonderful review that you have submitted to the TripAdvisor community. We are thrilled to hear we are the new home for you and your team when traveling to Memphis. It has been a pleasure working with you and we look forward to your next visit later this month! As you all experienced during your initial stay, we place great emphasis in creating a comfortable, relaxing environment for all of our guests. The evening Manager's Reception Dinner is a great time for our guests to interact with one another and at the same time get to know our staff a little better as it is very important to us that each guest is 100% satisfied with their stay. Looking forward to seeing you all again soon!

Best wishes,

Belleville, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

My group stayed here for the Beale Street Music Festival because all of the hotels downtown were booked. Glad I found this hotel though!

From checkin to checkout, our stay was great at this fabulous place. The property was well kept, hallways and rooms smelled good (you don't appreciate that until you've been in a nasty smelling hotel!), friendly staff (every time we passed an employee, they were extremely friendly), rooms were very nice and clean, and the lobby was very welcoming. Some members of my party liked the breakfast as well. Oh, and the rates were VERY reasonable!

The best part is the next day after our visit I received an email from Monique, the Front Office Supervisor, who followed up regarding our stay at the hotel. I rarely, if ever, receive follow ups from staff and it was such a pleasant surprise!

I highly recommend this hotel if you're in the area and I'll definitely be back!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Hi ChoklateChild,

Thank you for your fantastic review of our property. Our grounds, rooms, and common areas are very well maintained and we completely agree that the room freshness should match that of our flowering azaleas in our interior courtyard. We encourage our team members to interact with all guests in order to develop a more personable, friendly relationship while you're on the road so it is great to hear that our friendliness was noticed. As you mentioned, our pricing is very realistic with all the added value from our all-inclusive amenities. In addition to our daily hot breakfast, we offer a weekday Manager's Reception Dinner available to all of our guests included in their room rate. We hope that the rain this past weekend did not dwindle your experience at the Beale Street Music Festival! Come see us again next year!