Homewood Suites by Hilton Memphis-Poplar
Ranked #19 of 138 Hotels in Memphis
Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

A must stay.. My stay from beginning to end was amazing! The handsome gentleman at the front desk was so polite and well mannered!! Our location was wonderful, the room however had no cups but It was no problem that couldn't be solved. The space was very reasonable, the beds are BIG and I loved the closet space and spacious bathroom area.. Despite the rainy depressing weather my weekend was GREAT at the hotel... I will definite be back.

• Stayed: March 2013
Corey C, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Memphis-Poplar, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Thank you very much for submitting such kind words to the TripAdvisor community. We greatly appreciate all of our guest's feedback. Without your responses, we would not be able to consistently improve our product to match your needs. I am truly happy that our staff and accommodations made all the difference on a rainy day. We look forward to your next stay with us and thanks again for calling us "home".

Reviewed March 23, 2013

We had a two bedroom unit that was pet friendly. The unit was spacious and very comfortable but a little shabby in the main living area. The beds and linens were great and the internet was fast. Breakfast was also very nicely done. Only disappointment was traffic noise and the staff at the reception desk were not very welcoming or friendly.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a room located on the inside gardens of hotel - much quieter!
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Everything was very nice in the room, the free breakfast and dinner were kind of gross. The gym area was out of towels and didn't have sanitizing cloths. Over all it's a very nice place to stay, especially if you are going to be in town for longer than two nights. And be sure to have dinner at the River Oaks next door!! Delicious food!

Room Tip: The first floor room windows do not open, if you life fresh air try to get one on an upper level.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Traveling with a family of 5, it was nice to have a full suite with two rooms and a bed in the den as well. They were able to find us the suite and give us an corporate discount very quickly, even though we did not have advanced reservations. I am a big breakfast person, and the breakfast was very good too.

Room Tip: I did not have room service.
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We stayed here this past week. It was nice to have two bedrooms and two bathrooms plus a living room and kitchenette. There were two negatives we found with this hotel; it was a bit tricky to find the entrance and the beds were too firm. Nevertheless, it's a good value for the weary traveler with a family. It's located in a nice area with restaurants and shopping near-by.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

I was glad I had GPS to find the entrance--it is a bit awkward getting here. We had a room with 2 double beds. It is always nice to have a suite with a bedroom and a living room/kitchen area and 2 tvs, so there is not as much of a fight over tv channels. The pool is outside so it is closed for the winter--all the other Homewood Suites I have stayed at have had indoor pools. Breakfast wise, I am used to Homewood having a large pot of oatmeal. The only thing I found was instant grits. The did have eggs (with some sort of meat in it), sausage and hashbrown potatoes, yogurt, fresh fruit, cold cereal, and bagels/toast. They had make your own waffles. They had what I would call a scone that my teenage daughter really liked. My biggest complaint was the heating unit in our room. It was so loud I had to turn it off so I could sleep, then turn it back on to heat up the room before I took a shower. In the room, they store all the dishes in the dishwasher so they can wash them in between guests, which I thought was a good idea to make sure the dishes are clean when a new guest arrives.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Nice hotel. like the suite seperate living and bedroom. Internet was kind of slow and kept dropping at times. Nice evening reception.Great value for the price of the room. Would stay here again for sure.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business