Homewood Suites by Hilton Memphis-Poplar
$110
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of $139/night.

$180
$161
Hampton.com
$77
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of $98/night.

$134
$103
$199
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $241/night.

All reviewsapartment complextwo bedroom suitebasketball courtbreakfast and dinnerevening receptionhome away from homeliving areafull kitchenenjoyed our staygreat place to staythe entire staffcomplimentary breakfastdefinitely stay here againbusiness tripmemphis areawafflesproperty
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Please note that Ms Sharita (assoc manager?), Ms Vicki and Ms Barbara, Chandra and Teresa were exceptional...the hotel is in a lowsy location, difficult to get in and out on main street. The rooms are very nice and quiet. The social time in the evening was great...gives you time to relax after work. All of staff was great, with the exception of the Operations Manager-DB- (who is the head manager in charge). His attitude and behavior was 'unacceptable'!
We had issues with parking and he was not accommodating in any fashion.
I recommend the hotel as a whole, however, please get that manager some REAL TRAINING - simulated style.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Ann W
Reviewed January 27, 2013

I stayed at this property 10 years ago and recently returned for a training class and I was wowed by the new design of the lobby area. It was modern and warm, the feel was very home like. The suites need some updating, the friendly desk clerk said that was coming next. The food was great and the staff friendly.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Edgcarroll
Reviewed January 11, 2013

This hotel has an excellent location, but is an older model Homewood (exterior corridors). The rooms are nice though and in very good shape. The night I stayed the dinner was fried chicken, an entree that I would rate below average. Most of the staff were pleasant, but not overly friendly. The exercise room is small, but adequate. I chose this hotel as it is a fairly quick drive to the airport early in the morning, and did not want to stay in the airport area while in Memphis. I would consider returning.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

First I would like to say checkin and checkout was very pleasent but after that it was a mess normally when we check into a hotel we will go inspect the rooms before accepting the room but due to being exhausted from the long trip I made from PA and having a very cranky baby we went ahead and went to the room That was a MISTAKE the Duvet cover on the bed was covered in stains every drawer in the room seemed to have what appeared to be someone's "Personal hair" in them but I cleaned the drawers out and shoved the duvet in an empty plastic bag in the closet we lined the drawers with newspaper we thought about asking for another room but we were told at checkin that the hotel was full due to the liberty bowl after that was fine the housekeeping staff was friendly for the most part but ill get back to that at breakfast due to the ISU crowd there was hardly any food when we would come down around 9 could never get near the waffle maker and we asked the lady running the kitchen for a yogurt and was always told they were out but would always see some the next morning on peoples plates and when we decided to stay an extra night we called down to the front desk who said they would put it in the system to check us out then back in which sounded odd when they told us that we reminded them we were AAA members so we could get the rate and was promptly told that the hotel didn't have a AAA rate and then the next morning around noon the housekeeper came into the room where my Mom Nephew and Fiance were spending time together the housekeeper went and got someone who my Fiance said introduced themselves as one of the housekeeping managers who got into an argument with my fiance that we were trying to stay an extra night without paying in front of our guests and that someone else had already checked into the room and before he had started that my fiance informed him that we called the front desk last night and even after he was through saying he had no record she stayed calm and told him that it was us he left saying he had to go check and when he got back he told her she had to go get our cards recoded no appology or anything I told the lovely lady at the front desk about our stay from the begining to the end and she appologized but still it should have never happened and I did not appreciate in the least the houskeeping "manager" as he introduced himself getting into an argument with my Fiance especially infront of my mom, nephew, and daughter he should have simply excused himself to go check before arguing at all

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We came down to Memphis for the LibertyBowl as part of the HUGE fan base for the Iowa State Cyclones. We had no idea where to look for rooms and so the reviews we found on this site helped us decide on the Homewood Suites. We were not sorry with our decision and found all the excellent reviews to be true. The beds were fantastic, the suites were roomy and so much better than "regular" hotel rooms. The breakfast each morning was great and it was such a treat to see so many other ISU fans there. It was almost like being "home" and the whole experience was like being in Jack Trice South.....only thing better would have been to come home with a victory...but like all loyal Cyclone fans....wait until next year. Thank you Homewood Suites for showing us your wonderful southern hospitality.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Nollie59
Corey C, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Memphis-Poplar, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

I want to start by saying THANK YOU very much for this TripAdvisor review. We absolutely love when our guests share their experiences with the online community. It is fabulous that the reviews and ratings already posted on this site provided valuable insight of our hotel and what to expect upon arrival. We were very happy to have all of the ISU supporters come celebrate the New Year with us. It brings our staff joy to hear all of the great things you have shared. It is our goal to create a home-like atmosphere and leave an everlasting impression. Best of luck to the Iowa State team in this coming year and we look forward to your return to the Memphis area.