All reviewskress buildingmain streettrolley linebeale stvalet parkingwithin walking distancecourt squareself parkfew blocksbreakfast roomoatmealmud islandsitting areasofa bedfree breakfastcivil rights museumwould stay here again
Reviewed March 20, 2010

Old hotel in average condition. Smaller rooms than most Springhill Suites we've stayed at. Excellent location close to all sights near downtown, accross from a beautifull small park and close to good eateries (try Flight restaurant on Main Street). Parking is $12 self or valet same price. Noisy rooms (we had two rooms, one facing Main Street where horse ridden carriages take tourists well past midnight and one facing the other side where the valet and service people yell early in the morning). Free internet and a good free breakfast in the morning.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed March 18, 2010

My friends and I took a girls roadtrip to Memphis a couple of weeks ago strictly for fun, so naturally we wanted to stay right in the thick of things, convenient to Beale Street and the museums. The location was excellent, with a trolly stop at the front door, as well as horse drawn carriages, should that be your preferred mode of transportation. The rooms were spacious and clean, fulfilling all of our requirements--refrigerator, wet bar, micro, desk for computer with wireless connection, sitting area with sofa, room safe, a vanity area (with full length mirror) separated from the bath, and a balcony which overlooked Court Square (a small city park) with city views as well. All of the rooms are suites, as described above, but the balcony rooms are more expensive, but worth it, in our opinion. The staff was very accommodating, especially Kevin at the front desk, Jim the valet, and the ladies from the housekeeping staff. The rooms and property were clean and well maintained, and the beds were quite comfy. I will definitely stay here again the next time I visit Memphis.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 1, 2010

This hotel was great! My husband and I went to a Memphis Grizzlies game for the night and wanted somewhere that was close to the Fed Ex Forum and Beale St. This was a perfect location. We were able to ride the trolley to Beale St. and walk right down into the excitement! I felt very safe and taken care of with this hotel and we WILL be staying there on all future trips to Memphis! It's also within walking distance of Auto Zone Park too, for those that are going to enjoy a baseball game. Great rate and the rooms were extremely clean and taken care of. Very spacious, with plenty of room for a larger group than just the two of us! I wish I could have taken the pillows home with me, they were the best I've ever slept on when traveling! Breakfast was wonderful too! Often don't find that many choices for a hotel breakfast, but with a waffle bar, cereal, oatmeal, muffins and much more, there were choices for everyone!! A++++++++++

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 28, 2010

The hotel was very beautiful, very clean, and I can't say enough about the staff! All very helpful and friendly, considerate. Jumped on the trolley in the mornings to go to the convention (only 50 cents), and either trolleyed or walked to dinner and fun in the evenings!! Really excellent location with fun people-watching in Court Square across the street and all the downtown attractions within blocks. Only took cabs back to the hotel late at night when it was cold. Still a cheap cab ride, also, as not very far away. Our room was very nice and bed very comfortable. Can't believe someone would criticize the bed, but I guess everyone likes something different! THANKS, Springhill Memphis!!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed February 12, 2010

Our 3 day stay there was great . So clean the rooms and the staff were lovely they couldnt do enough for us We will go there again on our next trip excellent all round service..............Lovely cleaners

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family