We were delighted to find a room still available downtown the 1st weekend in May, Memphis in May and Beale st, most places were booked solid. We found a room here online, we decided on a suite and were pleased. Although it was not much bigger than a regular room, it had a sleeperr sofa and two queen beds. There was a mini kitchen area and there were actually two tv's in the room! The bathroom had a tub/shower combo and toilet, but most importantly, a fan, my pet peeve for those hotels that just have the vents in the wall...hate them! The sink and vanity was in a separate area so we were not crowded in a small bathroom trying to get ready for the day.
Overall, we liked the hotel and the staff was wonderful, breakfast was plentiful and they had two employees keeping it stocked and neat.
The downside: Trying to find the hotel is a nightmare, it's located on Main St, but Main St is only for pedestrians and the trolleys (which are handy!), we actually ended up wondering around one way streets until we got to the Marriott, Downtown...wrong hotel!!! We had already parked our car in the underground parking for Marriott Downtown and took the trolley down a few blocks to the Springhill. The parking was non existant at the Springhill, parking across a street and parking three wide, what a nightmare, I was glad we got lost when we saw the parking situation!!!
Also, the entrance to the hotel is on the side road, the door that is actually on Main St is locked and you can only get in with your key, which is a pain when you haven't even checked in yet!!
The hotel is in a good location for exploring downtown Memphis. We walked to and from Beale street and the riverfront without a problem. Lots of lighting and security, never felt uneasy.
We went down to the Peabody hotel to see the ducks, that was neat but crowded of course. Then across to the Rendevous for ribs, hubby had them and enjoyed them but not sure if they were worth all the hype.
All in all, we had a great time with family and friends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spacious, all-suite hotel located 10 mi from Graceland; minutes from area restaurants and businesses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your SpringHill Suites Memphis Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Springhill Suites Memphis Downtown Hotel Memphis
- Memphis Springhill Suites