I have been to this hotel twice although it has been awhile. I read the recent reviews and felt compelled to write a review. First, let me say if you aren't a frequent traveller (business or vacation) or are used to staying at high end hotels then don't stay here. There is a reason its not called Marriott (sorry, I digress but folks get me ticked off sometimes). I stayed at Springhill in May of 2006 and 2007. If you use GPS or Mapquest they haven't been updated to include that Main Street isn't accessible to cars. I don't understand that since its not a new occurrence. The Trolley is right in front of the hotel. We didn't rent a car but opted to walk or take the trolley to most locations. The front desk staff was helpful and explained we could take the trolley to the Civil Rights Museum. Beale Street is within walking distance and so is the Rock and Soul Musuem. Also, you could catch a free shuttle that takes you to Sun Studios and Graceland. The riverfront is closeby and within walking distance as well. As I stated, I stayed at this hotel twice - once with a friend and another time with my sister. Neither of them had any complaints about the hotel. I will say that breakfast is adequate but wasn't thrilling. Get there early because it goes quickly. I always heard about Southern hospitality and wondered about it because I had never experienced it until I went to Memphis. Everyone I saw on the street greeted us with a hello. There are homeless people as there are in most major downtown areas. No one bothered us and the Blue Suede Brigade is all over to give directions or offer assistance. The only negative for me was going to the Rendevous. I have had dry rub ribs before but I absolutely hated these ribs. Its a big tourist attraction but its definitely not where folks from Memphis go to eat ribs. If you want to go to Memphis and stay someplace clean, safe, and within walking distance of most tourist attractions then Springhill Suites.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spacious, all-suite hotel located 10 mi from Graceland; minutes from area restaurants and businesses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your SpringHill Suites Memphis Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Springhill Suites Memphis Downtown Hotel Memphis
- Memphis Springhill Suites