“Great Stay”

SpringHill Suites Memphis Downtown
Ranked #26 of 138 Hotels in Memphis
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Perfect location for downtown siteseeing. Room was very clean, staff was very professional. Our room had two double beds and a sofa bed. it was great for a family of four. Two flatscreen TVs and well laid out. We will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
SCovington, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Memphis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback concerning your recent stay at SpringHill Suites, Downtown Memphis. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the accommodations and amentities the hotel has to offer. I hope you will stay with us the next time you travel to Memphis. If I can ever be of service, please feel free to contact me directly.

There are newer reviews for SpringHill Suites Memphis Downtown

Reviewed February 21, 2014

This hotel is easily accessed from the interstate and it's a great walking location for Beale Street.

Our room was large and spacious, overlooking the bridge across the Mississippi. Everything was in good order and very clean.

The hotel is about six blocks from Beale Street and there is a trolley stop just outside the hotel doors. Lots of restaurants and shopping within walking distance.

Valet parking is $15. Self parking is $15.

All-in-all, a very nice hotel. Price was a little higher than we've spent on similar accommodations in large cities, but that seems to be the norm for downtown Memphis.

Room Tip: Loved our view overlooking the river. Our room was next to the ice machine and elevators but we did...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MNM1011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments concerning your recent stay at SpringHill Suites, Downtown Memphis. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and hope you will stay with us again the next time you travel to Memphis.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

We drove to Memphis for our 24th anniversary without reservations. After looking over the reviews we decided to stay near Beale Street but not so close that the noise would keep us up at night. It was by chance that we chose the Springhill because there were numerous accommodations that fit what we were looking for.

All of the staff was very polite and gave great advice to questions we had. Our room was clean and spacious, it faced the river so there was a great view, the trolley was directly behind the hotel, Beale Street was only 6 blocks away and great restaurants were within walking distance.

The thing set this hotel apart from others we stayed at was the morning breakfast. Not only was it good and hot but if you're lucky enough to have Mrs. Peggy working that day you will know who she is by the warm reception she gives guests, to offering a tray to carry up breakfast when she sees you trying to carry arm loads of plates & cups or tips on how to keep your food warm so your wife can enjoy breakfast in the room.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the highest floor, you may still hear "back up" alarms on buses but that...
Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Ciera_Cruiser
SCovington, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Memphis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your comments concerning your recent stay with us at SpringHill Suites, Downtown Memphis. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and all the amenities the hotel has to offer. I was especially glad to hear about the service you received from one of our breakfast associates. We want all of our guests to feel that the hotel is their "home away from home" while they are in Memphis.

Please feel free to contact me directly if I can ever be of service in the future.

Reviewed February 1, 2014

I really didn't want to give this a poor review but the bathroom was so gross. When you can count over 20 pubic hairs on the bathroom floor there's a problem. It's almost like they didn't mop like ever! Gross!
The location was great. Room was spacious. Staff in breakfast area were really nice.
We've stayed here before but probably will not return.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Heard

Dear Guest,

I appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback concerning your recent stay. Your feedback is very important to us and only helps us to improve our service. I apologize that you had a problem with the bathroom in your suite and I have addressed the issue with the housekeeping supervisor. I can assure you this does not represent the cleanliness standards of our hotel and I certainly appreciate you bringing it to our attention.

Sincerley,

Reviewed January 29, 2014

The location is so convenient that we did not miss not renting a car. The trolley is right outside the door; however, we choose to walk most places. It took us about 15 minutes to walk to Beale Street (without walking too quickly). The price of the Hotel is competitive for downtown. The rooms are a good size and include conveniences like microwave, refrigerator, wet bar. The staff in the breakfast room are great and come out to speak with guests. Very friendly. The registration staff are okay but less friendly.

We had two problems that could have spoiled our stay; however, the issues were dealt with promptly. That is a very good outcome based on comparison with some hotels that act as though YOU are the problem, when you present one to them.

A tip for your stay. There is a free shuttle that rotates between great sites including Sun Records, Graceland, Rock and Roll Museum, and the Heartbreak Hotel. You can pick it up at the Rock and Roll Museum near Beale Street. Call them for the route schedule. No need for a car and the parking expenses if you plan the stay in this tourist section.

Also, the gym is small but has enough equipment for cardio and strength training.

Room Tip: We stayed in the main building and did not go into the old Kress Building portion. Therefore, I can...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
SCovington, Guest Relations Manager at SpringHill Suites Memphis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

Dear Sherland C:

Thank you for providing this valuable feedback regarding your recent stay at SpringHill Suites Memphis Downtown. We appreciate your kind remarks, and I am happy to hear that we were able to immediately resolve the issues you mentioned.

Should you wish to discuss your stay further, I am available at the contact information below.

Thank you again for staying with us, and we hope to see you again in the future!

Kelly Hill
Guest Services Manager
SpringHill Suites Memphis Downtown
901.522.2100 | khill@summitmgmtcorp.com

Reviewed January 28, 2014

We stayed at the Springhill first in November right before Thanksgiving. We were able to get a last minute appointment at St Jude's for our youngest and needed a place to stay close by. The 5 of us were very comfortable in our room which had a nice view of the Mississippi River bridge. Our second and third stays were right after Christmas. Our daughter had a procedure at LeBohneur Children's Hospital and we needed a place to stay before and after she was in the hospital. These 2 rooms were both on the street car side of the hotel. We could hear the street cars but they did not bother us and none of us lost sleep from the sounds. The view of the square was nice especially on New Years Eve with all the horse pulled buggies.

Breakfast was good each morning. Each of our rooms fit the 5 of us comfortably. The staff was nice and helpful. The valets were friendly and quick even in the freezing cold temperatures. We will stay here again next time we need a hotel room in Memphis.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Hestia_55
SCovington, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Memphis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your comments concerning your recent stay at SpringHill Suites, Downtown Memphis. I am so glad you enjoyed your accommodations and that we were able to be your "home away from home" during the holiday season.

Again, thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback. If I can ever be of service in the future, please feel free to contact me directly.

Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed here with my boyfriend and two other couples in one of their 2bdrm suites. We came to memphis like so many others - to enjoy a weekend of eating, drinking and revelry, and we were not disappointed in our stay. The hotels location is wonderful. Located right off of the main street we could choose to either take the trolley which was right out the door, or to walk the couple of blocks to Beale St. We often chose to walk, as the main street is lovely and lined with cute shops and restaurants, but we also enjoyed taking the historic trolley. The room was lovely and spacious enough for all 6 of us to comfortably spread out and watch tv on either of the 2 flat sceeens while getting ready for the evening. The beds were very comfortable and I personally loved the premium down pillows. The staff was courteous, nice and attentive to our needs. My one disappointment was that the outdoor hot tub was not in service (hence the 4 stars). This was likely due to the unusually cold weather at the time - but I firmly believe that hot tubs are meant for chilly weather so it was a disappointment for us. All in all, a very nice stay, a great location and a wonderful city!

- A side note for any other "beer snobs" from big cities, apparently southern liquor stores are just that - liquor only! We traveled to 4 very terrifying liquor stores before finally hitting the jackpot - at the local CashSaver supermarket, which has a growler bar! Yes, a growler bar! Full of cheap and delicious local brew options.

Cheers!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your feedback concerning your recent stay with us at SpringHill Suites, Downtown Memphis. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and all the amenities we have to offer. I will share your comments with my staff. If I can ever be of service in the future, please feel free to contact me directly.