“Bathroom was disgusting” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #20 of 136 Hotels in Memphis
Jenks, Oklahoma
“Bathroom was disgusting”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

I really didn't want to give this a poor review but the bathroom was so gross. When you can count over 20 pubic hairs on the bathroom floor there's a problem. It's almost like they didn't mop like ever! Gross!
The location was great. Room was spacious. Staff in breakfast area were really nice.
We've stayed here before but probably will not return.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Heard
SCovington, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Memphis Downtown, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Dear Guest,

I appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback concerning your recent stay. Your feedback is very important to us and only helps us to improve our service. I apologize that you had a problem with the bathroom in your suite and I have addressed the issue with the housekeeping supervisor. I can assure you this does not represent the cleanliness standards of our hotel and I certainly appreciate you bringing it to our attention.

Sincerley,

Susan Covington

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
Sacramento, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2014

The location is so convenient that we did not miss not renting a car. The trolley is right outside the door; however, we choose to walk most places. It took us about 15 minutes to walk to Beale Street (without walking too quickly). The price of the Hotel is competitive for downtown. The rooms are a good size and include conveniences like microwave, refrigerator, wet bar. The staff in the breakfast room are great and come out to speak with guests. Very friendly. The registration staff are okay but less friendly.

We had two problems that could have spoiled our stay; however, the issues were dealt with promptly. That is a very good outcome based on comparison with some hotels that act as though YOU are the problem, when you present one to them.

A tip for your stay. There is a free shuttle that rotates between great sites including Sun Records, Graceland, Rock and Roll Museum, and the Heartbreak Hotel. You can pick it up at the Rock and Roll Museum near Beale Street. Call them for the route schedule. No need for a car and the parking expenses if you plan the stay in this tourist section.

Also, the gym is small but has enough equipment for cardio and strength training.

Room Tip: We stayed in the main building and did not go into the old Kress Building portion. Therefore, I can...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
SCovington, Guest Relations Manager at SpringHill Suites Memphis Downtown, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Dear Sherland C:

Thank you for providing this valuable feedback regarding your recent stay at SpringHill Suites Memphis Downtown. We appreciate your kind remarks, and I am happy to hear that we were able to immediately resolve the issues you mentioned.

Should you wish to discuss your stay further, I am available at the contact information below.

Thank you again for staying with us, and we hope to see you again in the future!

Kelly Hill
Guest Services Manager
SpringHill Suites Memphis Downtown
901.522.2100 | khill@summitmgmtcorp.com
Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014

We stayed at the Springhill first in November right before Thanksgiving. We were able to get a last minute appointment at St Jude's for our youngest and needed a place to stay close by. The 5 of us were very comfortable in our room which had a nice view of the Mississippi River bridge. Our second and third stays were right after Christmas. Our daughter had a procedure at LeBohneur Children's Hospital and we needed a place to stay before and after she was in the hospital. These 2 rooms were both on the street car side of the hotel. We could hear the street cars but they did not bother us and none of us lost sleep from the sounds. The view of the square was nice especially on New Years Eve with all the horse pulled buggies.

Breakfast was good each morning. Each of our rooms fit the 5 of us comfortably. The staff was nice and helpful. The valets were friendly and quick even in the freezing cold temperatures. We will stay here again next time we need a hotel room in Memphis.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Hestia_55
SCovington, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Memphis Downtown, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your comments concerning your recent stay at SpringHill Suites, Downtown Memphis. I am so glad you enjoyed your accommodations and that we were able to be your "home away from home" during the holiday season.

Again, thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback. If I can ever be of service in the future, please feel free to contact me directly.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed here with my boyfriend and two other couples in one of their 2bdrm suites. We came to memphis like so many others - to enjoy a weekend of eating, drinking and revelry, and we were not disappointed in our stay. The hotels location is wonderful. Located right off of the main street we could choose to either take the trolley which was right out the door, or to walk the couple of blocks to Beale St. We often chose to walk, as the main street is lovely and lined with cute shops and restaurants, but we also enjoyed taking the historic trolley. The room was lovely and spacious enough for all 6 of us to comfortably spread out and watch tv on either of the 2 flat sceeens while getting ready for the evening. The beds were very comfortable and I personally loved the premium down pillows. The staff was courteous, nice and attentive to our needs. My one disappointment was that the outdoor hot tub was not in service (hence the 4 stars). This was likely due to the unusually cold weather at the time - but I firmly believe that hot tubs are meant for chilly weather so it was a disappointment for us. All in all, a very nice stay, a great location and a wonderful city!

- A side note for any other "beer snobs" from big cities, apparently southern liquor stores are just that - liquor only! We traveled to 4 very terrifying liquor stores before finally hitting the jackpot - at the local CashSaver supermarket, which has a growler bar! Yes, a growler bar! Full of cheap and delicious local brew options.

Cheers!

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your feedback concerning your recent stay with us at SpringHill Suites, Downtown Memphis. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and all the amenities we have to offer. I will share your comments with my staff. If I can ever be of service in the future, please feel free to contact me directly.

Las Cruces, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2014

Hotel is in the heart of downtown Memphis, just a few minutes from Beale Street and also The Peabody Hotel as well as the Amtrak Station. The trolley line stops right in front of the hotel. The room had a lovely view of the river and the brightly lit bridge. The morning desk manager was wonderfully helpful and very courteous.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor with a view of the river.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank j2-TRIP
SCovington, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Memphis Downtown, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments concerning your recent stay at SpringHill Suites, Downtown Memphis. I really appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback and I will certainly share it with the staff.

I hope you will consider staying with us again the next time you travel to Memphis. If I can ever be of service in the future, please feel free to contact me directly.

College Station, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014

We stayed one night on our way back home, and it was a good choice.

I did not have much time to try lots of stuff in the hotel and in Memphis for that matter. But this hotel is located in the center of the city and has a good access to the high way 40.

If you want to try the street cars or the park nearby, this hotel might be a good choice as well.

Like other hotels in downtown, this hotel could get some help from renovation, yet it has a nice room, lobby and service. The valet was nice as well.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Mike_hmj
SCovington, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Memphis Downtown, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback concerning your recent stay with us at SpringHill Suites, Downtown Memphis. I am so grateful that you took the time to give us your comments and I will certainly share them with my staff.

Please feel free to contact me directly if I can ever be of service in the future!

Tampere, Finland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014

Hotel is right in the center of downtown Memphis, about 10 mins from Beale Street. The trolley line has a stop right in front of the hotel. Room was maybe a little dated, but this is definately a good value. Good breakfast. Would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Milla_T1980
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments concerning your recent stay at SpringHill Suites, Downtown Memphis. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and hope you will visit us again the next time you travel to Memphis.

Please feel free to contact me directly if I can ever be of service.