I recently stayed at this property for a few nights on business. This property was chosen on 3 criteria - proximity, price and ratings. This property sits on the square close to the courthouse. It is a mix on new construction and the old Kress Building. My room was in the newer building. At first blush, the property looks well kept and clean, as do the rooms. But...
The first room I was assigned overlooked nothing very eye appealing, but was not on the street. The room was hot and stagnant feeling. I turned on the A/C, changed clothes and headed out to eat. When I returned, the room was not any cooler. I went to open the window for some air circulation, but I noticed the limited slide screws in the tracks. Well, that didn't matter because the entire sash came out of the tracks when I went to open.
With those two mishaps, I went to request a new room and was moved across the hall. I was now facing the square and the street, but that was not really an issue. There is not much traffic in downtown Memphis in this area at night. The only noise you notice is the occasional trolley.
This room was also stagnant and hot feeling, but the A/C worked well enough to cool the room to a comfortable temperature, but I had the thermostat on the old wall unit as cold as it would go.
Once I got settled into the room, the drawbacks and other telltale signs of use were noticeable. The rooms are not that large. This property probably has the smallest rooms I've stayed in at a SpringHill Suites. The work area was not very conducive to work. It felt cave like. The door cover on the old wall A/C was gone. The picture over the desk was curling out of its frame and there was a hole in the closet door. I got the feeling there has been some updates along, but not to the extent I've seen in other Marriott properties.
The room seemed clean. The bed was comfortable. The staff was always polite and helpful. I liked the fact you could walk to the area restaurants and bars from the hotel.
I recommend using the valet parking.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spacious, all-suite hotel located 10 mi from Graceland; minutes from area restaurants and businesses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your SpringHill Suites Memphis Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Springhill Suites Memphis Downtown Hotel Memphis
- Memphis Springhill Suites