SpringHill Suites Memphis Downtown
$225
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
All reviewskress buildingmain streettrolley linebeale stvalet parkingwithin walking distancecourt squareself parkfew blocksbreakfast roomwafflesmud islandsitting areasofa bedfree breakfastpool and hot tubcivil rights museum
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 4, 2013

I l. The love the Marriott family hotels, no matter which 1 you stay at they all have the same comfy beds. This property has 2 doors, the "front door leads to the waterfront and access 1 block away to the Chicken wing festival- a yearly charitable event for Ronald Mcdonald house.
The "back" door is on Main st and there is a trolley stop right there. Beale St is only 6 blocks away. There are many places to eat and drink at along the way. The staff here are so warm and friendly, assisting you with cabs, directions, small change, small talk. Everyone wants you to enjoy your time in Memphis. The breakfast choices are plentiful-eggs, ham, sausage patty, biscuits, cereal, muffins, toast, waffles, yogurt, apples, bananas, oranges, juice. Happy happy. they even have some trays if you want to get something while they are serving, and go back to bed and eat it later {can't soar w/the eagles if you hoot with the owls} There is a pool and hot tub but the weather was unseasonably cold. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
SCovington, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Memphis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for the comments concerning your rescent stay with us at SpringHill Suites, Downtown Memphis. I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your accommodations and your vist to Memphis. I hope you will consider staying with us again and if I can ever be of service in the future, please feel free to contact me directly!

SpringHill Suites, Downtown Memphis

Reviewed May 2, 2013

This is an over-hyped average property in a good location.

Location: Court Square, close to Beale Street on the Trolley route.
Check-in/Check-out: Very quick with very awesome front desk people and valet drivers.
Room: Kress Building- Surface clean but old and worn out. Curtains were broken and stained. Couch was dirty. Good size. If you room is facing the trolley beware that it is very LOUD. I did not rest well. Bed was ok.
Breakfast: Hampton Innish... powder eggs, oven sausage. Make your own waffles. Loads of cereal, muffins and juices.
No Roomservice....For a late check-in, I had to call delivery. My fault, I should of checked that before I booked.

Overall impression: Not impressed, will not stay again.

Room Tip: Away from the Trolley. Try the newer building.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments concerning your recent stay at SpringHill Suites, Downtown Memphis. Your feedback is very important to us and I apologize that you weren't completely satisfied with your accommodations. I will share your comments with my staff. As far as room service is concerned, we do not have a full restaurant on site but we have a number of local restaurants that will deliver food to our guest,s but I certainly understand that some guests like to have the option of a full service hotel and 24 hr room service.

Again, thank you for your comments. They only help us to improve!

SpringHill Suites, Downtown Memphis

Reviewed April 23, 2013

This hotel is close to Beale Street, Peabody Hotel, and other popular locations. It is located along the trolley line for easy transportation up and down Mainstreet. We stayed in the older Kress portion of this hotel. The front desk staff was helpful and accomodated us when we requested a room change due to the uncleanliess of the couch. Overall our other room was clean and comfortable. Complimentary breakfast was satisfactory although food and condiments were not replenished quickly. The hotel has an open parking lot which is full most of the time and a parking garage down the block for those who want to self park.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
SCovington, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Memphis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments concerning your recent stay with us at SpringHill Suite, Downtown Memphis. I appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback. You are a valued guest and we appreciate your patronage. If I can ever be of service in the future, please contact me directly.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

My son married the most wonderful girl in March & we used the downtown Springhill Suites for out of town guests. Some in town people stayed there, too, including me. The staff at the Springhill Suites from the people who parked the cars to the desk staff to the cleaning staff to the sales staff were all excellent. If there was an issue that required help, the staff was there to solve, fix, help, do whatever it took to make things better. The rooms are spacious and comfortable. The breakfast was very nice & a great thing to have included in the room rate. We had a hospitality room for our guests to enjoy and it was one of the best I've ever seen - complete w/ kitchen, plenty of counter space, large dining table, plenty of seating & 2 flat screen tv's. My only suggestion to the hotel is that it would be nice if there was a mirror that comes out from the wall in the bathroom area for putting on makeup, fixing hair, etc. Other than that, Memphis downtown Springhill Suites is a great place to stay! The downtown location is excellent and right on the trolley line.

Room Tip: Any room is great in this hotel but if you want an incredibly special experience, go for the honeymoon suite! It's incredible & comes w/ it's own rooftop experience!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank salmags
SCovington, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Memphis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your recent comments concerning your stay at SpringHill Suites, Downtown Memphis. We enjoyed having you as our guest and I hope you will consider staying with us again the next time you travel to Memphis.

Again, thank you so much for your feedback!

Reviewed April 12, 2013

This hotel is in a good location with a close proximity to downtown Beale Street. It has a trolley stop right outside the back door and for $1 it takes you to Beale Street or you can walk the 5 blocks there. The breakfast was adequate and the staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank MASArlington_Tx

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments concerning your recent stay with us at SpringHill Suites, Downtown Memphis. You are a valued customer and your feedback is very important to us. Please feel free to contact me directly if I can ever be of service.

Sinserely,