“Wonderful stay!”

SpringHill Suites Memphis Downtown
Ranked #24 of 138 Hotels in Memphis
Reviewed August 9, 2011

The Springhill Suites Downtown Memphis was perfect. It's newly renovated, stylish and modern. The beds were very comfortable with nice quality linens. It was a nice sized suite and everything in the room was fresh, clean, and modern. The work area was excellent and the free internet worked flawlessly. The view we had of the park was lovely.
We were impressed with how extra helpful the staff was at this location. The breakfast area was great, nice views of the park while you eat, as well as a good selection. The location can't be beat if you want to enjoy the downtown area. A real trolley (not a bus that looks like a trolley) with especially friendly and helpful drivers stops right outside the door every 12 minutes. It's only six stops to Beal Street, and you can easily walk there, but the trolley is a lot of fun.
We stopped in Memphis on a cross-country trip and this hotel was one of the best we found. We loved Memphis. We'll definitely go back!

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the park
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed August 8, 2011

Stayed at the SpringHill Suites in late June-The hotel was very convenient to the convention center and accessible to the trolley system. The hotel was very nice-clean comfortable and convenient. The pricing was not bad for a downtown area suite. Just did not like the parking situation, in the case of not being to park in a garage or in front of the hotel, but across the street.

Breakfast was included in the price of the hotel, which was great. The staff were extra friendly, and would consider staying here again!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 4, 2011

We stayed at Springhill for two nights at the end of July/beginning of August. My first impression of the place was not good when the valet watched me unload my car myself, but stood around waiting to be tipped. When I walked into the hotel (which was not busy) I waited 2 minutes in front of the desk before the women (Grace I believe) even acknowledged me. However, we booked a balcony suite that over looked Court Square Park, which is the oldest park in Memphis. Our room was spacious and clean, and even had a small kitchenette. It had plenty of room for my 2 year old's playpen.

Most of the attractions/restaurants like BB King's, Gus' Fried Chicken, Beal Street and Gibson's is a reasonable walk away. There is also the Main Street Trolley stop right in front of the hotel which was a very reasonable way ($0.50 after 11:00am) of getting around in the Memphis heat. The hotel has free WiFi, and a good breakfast included with your stay. Most of the staff was friendly and helpful, and were quick to help when our in room safe malfunctioned.

I would recommend this hotel because of it's value and location, but would suggest that management trains some of it's front line staff in appropriate customer service.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank CANTRAVELS
Reviewed August 3, 2011

My boyfriend and I only stayed here for 1 night but it was very nice. I know some people have complained about the staff being rude however in our experience it was the complete opposite. The staff we very nice and helpful! Never had a problem with them at all. Our room was in the historic crest building but still was very nice. The beds were very comfy and we enjoyed being there.

As far as Memphis goes it is more of a crime filled city but would is absolutely gorgeous. Just need to be smart on where you go and what times you go out. We go to Memphis about twice a year so we are familiar with this. There are a lot of fun restaurants to try out and the hotel is pretty close to everything!!

Overall our experience at the hotel was excellent. From the time we checked in, to our very nice hotel room, to check out and having valet get our car! Valet guys are very nice so make sure you tip them well!!! I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 2, 2011

Stayed here for work. The location is easily accessible for driving (although a bit hard to find), or for walking. Out the back door of the hotel is main street and the trolley lines that take you up and down town to all of the local adventures. Nice breakfast, too. All around good experience. If you are mobility challenged be sure to tell them, as the hotel is spread out on two buildings and 5 floors...you can do a fair amount of walking in the hotel to get to your room!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 2, 2011

Went to the Memphis area for business, but wanted to stay in a location where I would be around some activity for after-hours. Looking at a map online, this hotel seemed to fit the bill. It is only a few blocks away from Beale Street and the Redbirds stadium. It looked decent from the Marriott website and has pretty good reviews.

Honestly, the hotel itself was ok. The lobby was obviously recently redone and the breakfast area was nice looking. Compared to other hotels, there are certainly no frills though (which is not a problem).

My room was a weird olive green color (walls & carpet) which gave the appearance of something straight out of the 70s. The room and bedding were clean, but it was tough to tell from the initial appearance. I think the hotel is trying to be a boutique hotel, but its not working. Overall, it was fine.

My real problem was the location. Like I said, it is only a few blocks from Beale, but its traveling those few blocks which cause a problem. The hotel is located across from a park where shady characters hang out. Also, within a three block span, I was approched three times for money. It can be uncomfortable and intimidating alone at night. I got food at the Madison hotel and got back to my room quicker than I had intended to.

If you want to be in a good area near good restaurants while feeling safe, your best bets are the Hampton Inn, the Peabody (if you can swing it), Westin, Doubletree, or Holiday Inn.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank DannAconda44
Reviewed August 2, 2011

I booked this hotel on a leap of faith having stayed at Springhill in Michigan. This hotel was surprisingly a great find in Downtown Memphis. It is down the street from Beale and right off the highway for road trippers. It faces a sweet southern square with a trolley that passes by. NOTE: There is a parking fee for parking but the lot is well guarded and shared with 2 other hotels. The rooms were large and clean and there is free wifi. After a long 7 hour drive from Texas, we were greeted by a friendly and comical host who pointed us straight to the Manager’s happy hour for complimentary cocktails and snacks. If you need starbucks, the courtyard next door serves it. Otherwise, this was great a find that will not cramp your budget. We will be back next road trip to Memphis.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends