Tripadvisor
Memphis
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews rooftop bar front desk complimentary coffee boutique hotel mississippi river memphis trip beale street within walking distance civil rights museum main street stay there again room was spacious downtown memphis beautiful hotel location is great paige lobby
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Nice hotel with good location. Nice sized room and great staff. Great rooftop lounge with an awesome view. Their complimentary coffee was great as well. Only negative is expensive valet in my opinion.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
JoeW_HuHotelMemphis, General Manager at Hu. Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and all that Memphis has to offer. We appreciate your comments on the service you received. We will share your feedback with the team. We look forward to hosting you in the near future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Our room had a strong cigarette smoke smell. Bathroom needed cleaning. Staff was very pleasant. Not a complete bad experience but for a four star establishment you would never expect a guest room to smell of cigarettes

• Trip type: Traveled with family

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Recently attended a business conference at the Hu Hotel and it was a unique and engaging experience

The hotel is situated in downtown Memphis and it provides a different experience than what you’ll find at your “traditional” national chain hotels.

I’d like to say a more intimate experience.....

Coffee is in the lobby every morning at 6 and drinks are right behind the bar for your evening nightcap. It’s not big and sterile, It’s small and intimate.

Rooms are nicely remodeled and the hotel is clean and well kept. It will be different from what you’d get with a chain hotel so don’t expect the rooms to be like your local Marriott.

Gym access is across the street and the restaurant is a few steps down the sidewalk from the main entrance.

The highlight of the trip was the staff. Everyone was warm, friendly and eager to serve.

In particular, Ms. Eva was the shinning star. Each morning before my workout, I was greeted with a warm smile, a good morning greeting, and a warm cup of freshly made coffee.

It was great getting to know her and the history of the Hu Hotel during those morning chats.

Something special you will not get at your local chain hotel.

If your looking for a different, more intimate and personalized hotel experience, I’d try the Hu Hotel.

Make sure you say hi to Ms. Eva!!

Trip type: Traveled on business

Reviewed January 7, 2020 via mobile

The lobby smelled awful our entire 2 night stay. Room was average, they are trying to be a boutique/luxury but fall short in my opinion with the finishes. Most of the bathroom fixtures look like cheap fixtures you would buy from Lowe’s. Large pet stains in our room, thankfully it didn’t smell but still gross to see it. Hotel is convenient and the rooftop bar is nice. That would be the only reason I might consider staying again. Overall staff friendliness fell short. Definitely not a $200 a night hotel in my opinion.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
JoeW_HuHotelMemphis, General Manager at Hu. Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am disappointed to learn about your stay and regret our service failures and guestroom defects. Please be assured that I will take aggressive actions to remedy this as soon as possible. I will send you a separate email with my contact information if you would like to speak further about the experience. Thank you for your time and we would be honored to host you again at the Hu Hotel while you are in Memphis.

Reviewed January 2, 2020

I came across this hotel from a recommend on the website theeverygirl. They usually recommend great places to stay, eat and visit during US-based travel so I figured their recommendation of this hotel in Memphis would be as great as their previous recommendations. I was incorrect.

Best quality for: Front Desk Staff. Everyone was incredibly friendly and helpful.

My biggest issues: 1) Original room reeked so bad of cigarette smoke that the 4 hours I spent in it sleeping made my clothes stink for my entire trip. 2) No daily linen change, even when requested on one specific day. 3) Not enough trash cans for the amount of rooms (need a can in the bathroom and the living area in a suite). 4) Dirty and stained table tops and sinks - I had to use my own WetOnes to wipe down all the surfaces and the sinks. 5) Dirty, stained carpets - these are in desperate need of a deep cleaning with spot treatment. 6) Safe key panel didn't work properly - only 4 buttons worked so creating a code you can remember is out the window. 7) When I asked for a bed linen refresh, they didn't change my pillow cases or sheets and the bed was sloppily made. 8) Hard bed, didn't sleep well throughout my 3 night stay. 9) Chipped porcelain on the bathtub; this hotel isn't old enough for it to be falling apart. 10) Dust throughout the room.

Date of stay: December 2019