Madison Hotel
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
2,164 results
All reviewsrooftop barjunior suitemississippi riverbeale streetboutique hotelfire pitmini barvalet parkingturn down servicelarge bathroomvalet servicebeautiful hoteldowntown memphisfew blocksmud islandsouthern hospitalitycivil rights museum
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 25, 2010

Spent a weekend at the Madison to get away with my wife. The staff is very polite and friendly. The room was well appointed and comfortable. The bed was nice and firm. Room service for breakfast was outstanding, promptly delivered with a smile. My only complaint was the excessive wait for my car with the valet. The two times I called for my car took 10-15 min of waiting at the door even though I called ahead.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank joegibbon
Reviewed May 14, 2010

This is a modest little boutique hotel. It is not great, it is not bad. The staff is superb, I mean wow, I have to give it to the front desk and valets, just excellent. The rooms are however rather average. The public spaces are nice and artsy. The restaurant is pretty good. I travel to Memphis frequently, and this hotel is more in the class of the Crowne Plaza than the Peabody, so if you are looking for an 'experience', pay the extra, if it even is, and stay at the real deal.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank lolanola
Reviewed May 14, 2010

My husband, daughter, some friends and I went to Memphis for a weekend of blues and BBQ. The highlight of the weekend---oddly enough---was the hotel! The music, historical sites, and food (outside the hotel) in Memphis were wonderful, of course, but everyone in our party of experienced world & business travelers was most impressed with the hotel.

From the moment you enter this beautiful, luxurious hotel, you know you are going to be taken care of. The Madison truly has mixed European luxury standards with Southern hospitality. The staff was friendly, competent, and eager to please. The rooms were just as lovely as they looked on-line. Our 16th floor river-view suite was very picturesque . . . and CLEAN. The bed was more comfortable than mine at home, and everyone in my party said the same.

The in-room dining was a surprising culinary experience. Grill 83 provides a fantastic breakfast (complimentary continental & a la carte), dessert, and well staffed and stocked bar. We did not order from the lunch or dinner menus, but they looked fantastic. We attended a Mother's Day brunch in the hotel, and were stunned by the borderline psychic service of the Grill 83 staff, the quality of the fare, and the presence of MANY locals. It's a good sign for your hotel's restaurant if it's a dining choice for locals, I think.

The roof-top patio over-looking the Mississippi was gorgeous. When the roof-top bar wasn't open, we purchased drinks at Grill 83 downstairs, and took them up to the roof. It was a very pleasant and serene place to escape from the sounds of the city.

We had a very nice time in Memphis, and we're already talking about our next blues & BBQ weekend. Guess where we'll stay!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
mamadali, Owner at Madison Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2010

Thank you so much for your gracious comments and we are delighted that the service commitment of our staff met your expectations. It has been our pleasure to be your host hotel while in Memphis and we are looking forward to the pleasure of serving you, your family members and friends on your future visits.

Your feedback will be shared with our staff as it will further enhance their commitment to continue to provide a first class service with a touch of southern charm.

On behalf of the entire management and staff,

Reviewed May 6, 2010

We had communication issues from the start, but the rooftop view was key to our trip. Check in was easy but the rate was wrong, concierge was never on their game. Details were missed and dropped, and for a surprise for my wife, I ended up making all types of calls - making excuses to step away. The suite, yes suite, was tiny. Not small... TINY. For $300, it should be decent. Far from it. It was two small areas about 8x10 with a closet and bathroom in the middle. The bellman did not come for check out service, the car was not pulled up - yet I paid handsomely for valet and tipped very well. Never got the final bill, but got overcharged and had to send several emails to get a reply. You could not pay me to stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank jim8260

We are terribly sorry and disappointed that we did not meet your expectations, especially after our Concierge and Director of catering spent months in communications with you making sure that all your special needs were met in advance of your trip.

Your feedback, however, is important to us and we will use your more detailed comments that you have provided us with privately to improve on the specific issues.

On behalf of the management and the entire staff,

Reviewed April 27, 2010

Very helpful and polite staff. Best roof deck in Memphis, incredible views! Grill 83 was excellent for dinner.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple