Madison Hotel
$110
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $136/night.

Free cancellation until 06/01
$136
$126
Doubletree.com
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $144/night.

$257
$229
$209
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $233/night.

$130
$122
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $138/night.

2,175 results
All reviewsrooftop barjunior suitemississippi riverbeale streetboutique hotelfire pitmini barvalet parkingturn down servicelarge bathroomvalet servicebeautiful hoteldowntown memphisfew blocksmud islandsouthern hospitalitycivil rights museum
Reviewed November 4, 2009

I was hoping to get the Peabody when I put in 4 star or greater for $150 on Priceline, but I ended up with the Madison. The front desk staff was exceptional, and knowledgeable. The bell staff was sitting in a chair in the foyer most times I walked by, not that welcoming. The bedding was great, toiletries good, TV selection good, location was excellent, but this is not a 4 star hotel. Ok, it is an older hotel, but the grout in the shower was cracked and falling out, inconsistently patched in places, and brown in others. The coffee maker in my room did not work. The breakfast was decent, a huge amount of fresh fruit, which was exaclty what I would expect for a 4 star hotel. I am in the hospitality business, and would say the manager needs to be walking this property, and inspecting the details of the rooms and the bell staff. For the price I would recommend it, but not for rack rate.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank kipptraveler
Reviewed October 20, 2009

Although this hotel was advertised on all most of the travel sites as a 4 star hotel and on Hotwire as a 4 1/2 star hotel, I would not hesitate to say that this hotel has been highly over rated. Although nice enough, clean, and a very friendly staff, three stars should be all that The Madison receives. Very average. The rooms are tiny. Ours had one queen bed, two windows overlooking a beautiful parking garage that had lights shining in our eyes all night long. The bathroom was decent, with a pedistal sink and tub/shower combination. The bed was comfortable, but the pillows were the absolute worst I have EVER slept on. The hotel staff came by to offer turn down service, after we were already in bed. The complimentary breakfast was rather boring, with cereal, toast, bagels, muffins etc. and a tasteless fruit presentation. Coffee (with plenty of grounds at the bottom of my cup---uugh), juice and milk were available. We requested a cab for 8:30 AM to go to the airport and were called at 7:45 AM by the front desk to tell us that our cab was waiting. We told them to have the cab come back at 8:30 as we had asked. I'm sorry, but in my book...... to receive a 4 1/2 star rating, you have to do a little bit more than have robes, an umbrella and a safe in the guest room closet. We would have done just as well reserving a 3 star hotel for about half the price. Both the Peabody and The Westin run circles around The Madison in service, comfort and ammenities and are a much better choice for just a few more dollars. The location would better suit a business traveler rather than a liesure traveler. Virtually EVERYTHING in the blocks surrounding the hotel is boarded up, closed or under renovation. This economy must have really hit downtown Memphis hard !

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TomRVA
Reviewed October 20, 2009

What a great find. The staff, ameneties, location and decor of this first class hotel are all equally wonderful. Starting with a friendly door man, beautiful entry and lobby, and ending with the housekeeping and concierge staff, this was among my most impressive hotel experiences in my many years of travel.

Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 12, 2009

Everything about the Madison met or exceeded our expectations. The staff was friendly and helpful, the room (King Suite) was fantastic with really nice amenities, and the continental breakfast topped off the experience. Also notable was the fact that while the hotel is very nice and lives up to its ratings, it was not as pretentious as I feared it would be.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 1, 2009

I recently spent two glorious nights in a suite at The Madison Hotel, in which I felt so cozy and comfortable, as if I were in my own home. The rooms were not only spacious but the bathroom met all of my prerequisites, most important of which was a good counter space on which I could spread out the many cosmetics that I can’t leave home without. Secondly, the lighting in the bathroom as well as throughout the suite was excellent.

I could certainly tell that the staff at The Madison really aim to please and, in doing so, each and every member of the staff was always gracious and friendly.

Most of all, while enjoying a fabulous dinner in the softly lit, very tastefully decorated dining room, I was thinking how I couldn’t wait to tell friends and acquaintances how delicious everything was, down from the appetizers to the fabulous chocolate soufflé –the best I’ve ever tasted. You must not miss this dining experience!

My hat’s off to the owners of The Madison, who really haven’t missed an opportunity in making every aspect of their hotel top notch.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled solo