Madison Hotel
$199
Agoda.com
$119
2,175 results
All reviewsrooftop barjunior suitemississippi riverbeale streetboutique hotelfire pitmini barvalet parkingturn down servicelarge bathroomvalet servicebeautiful hoteldowntown memphisfew blocksmud islandsouthern hospitalitycivil rights museum
Reviewed September 25, 2009

Very pleasant and attentive staff. Very nice room. Tremendous restaurant. Great bar. Snag a drink at the bar and take it up to the roof lounge to watch the sun set. I count my 3 day stay there as one of my best ever hotel experiences. Might seem a bit pricey but worth every nickel.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Uncle_Al_47
Reviewed August 29, 2009

I couldnt say enough about this hotel, it was a major part in making my stay in Memphis a success, there was nothing at all wrong with this hotel, thank you Madison

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SheldonWales_UK
Reviewed July 30, 2009

We had the most wonderful time at the Madison.Our rooms were perfection.The staff outstanding.Truly a fantastic experience.We can hardly wait to return.The dinner in the restaurant also outstanding.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank angel5losangeles
Reviewed June 29, 2009

We stayed at this hotel as part of a block of rooms reserved for a wedding. Making reservations over the phone was no problem. When we arrived the rode in front of the hotel was closed we called the front desk to ask how we could get to the valet she had no idea about the closure and was not helpful at all. Eventually we found our way by going the wrong way down a one way ally. Parking is $23 daily. Check in went smoothly. The rooms are standard hotel rooms as you might expect to find in a Hilton or Sheraton. Clean but nothing special. The bathroom is not well lit. The airconditioner was not working over our first night there this was apparently a hotel wide problem. It was 88 degrees in our room and we barely slept as we were so uncomfortable. When we complained there was no real apology of offer of compensation. They did fix it the next day. The breakfast bar was poorly stocked they ran out of juice/pastries/cereal/friut more than an hour before it was set to end. There seemed to be only one staff member working there and she was not clearing the dirty tables or keeping up with restocking the bar. Although we were out of the room by 11am it was not cleaned when we returned to get ready for dinner. Once we complained it was cleaned while we were at dinner. The attached resturant Grill 83 had decent but overpriced food. The service was slow and indifferent. The bar tender was unpleasant. They close the bar at 11pm. The location of the hotel was good there are views of the Mississippi and it was a short walk to Beal St. All in all the accomidations were OK but nothing special, the service was fair to poor and at the price they charged we were very disappointed. If we were not tied to the hotel b/c of the wedding party we would have picked up and moved to the Peabody after our first night. We will not be back to The Madison.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank yodakat
Reviewed May 15, 2009

During my weekend stay at the Madison, everywhere I went in the hotel one of the staff was asking me how my stay was and could they do anything for me. I am use to this at the front desk, but at the Madison, it was from top management, to housekeeping, to the valet attendents, the entire staff was extremely friendly and helpful. While riding down the elevator I overheard another couple also brag on the hotel staff. I had a great weekend and next time I will have to take my wife when I stay at the Madison Hotel.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled solo