Madison Hotel
$199
Agoda.com
$119
2,175 results
All reviewsrooftop barjunior suitemississippi riverbeale streetboutique hotelfire pitmini barvalet parkingturn down servicelarge bathroomvalet servicebeautiful hoteldowntown memphisfew blocksmud islandsouthern hospitalitycivil rights museum
Reviewed February 16, 2009

From our initial greetings through Michael, the valet/doorman, to Stacey, the concierge, our entire stay at the Madison was first rate. The entire staff was friendly and professional with genuine care given to make sure we enjoyed our stay.
The complimentary breakfast on the mezzanine jump started us each day and the convenience of the hotel to Beale St. and downtown Memphis made for easy sight-seeing and dining forays.
We were able to make use of the fitness room, housed in the old vault, and our view from the 16th floor offered a panorama of the Mississippi River.
Scott, the hotel manager, even took the time to meet us and was there to answer any questions. His experience made us feel right at home.
We would recommend this hotel to anyone and would make this our first choice for another stay in Memphis.
Sincerely, Patty and Scott in Phoenix

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 11, 2009

As My dad would have said, "swanky"! This was a great hotel. I go to memphis quite often. About once a year. I love the food, music and history. As well I was born there. A pilgrimage, if you will. I usually stay near Beale street. My usual was well overpriced. I got very lucky on Expedia and got the Madison at a steal!!! Comfort and hospitality!! It was so nice.... The included breakfast was good but very limited. Good Coffee!!! A bit of a walk from Beale street, but that wasn't too bad. Very safe and oh so secure. Good Job Madison!!!

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 25, 2009

We loved our stay at the Madison. The staff was probably the friendliest I had ever encountered. The advice for travelers on where to eat or go wasn't the standard stuff you could get off any website but honest "this is where I go with my friends after work" advice.

The rooftop terrace provided a spectacular sunset one evening, which my digital camera just did not do justice, but was incredible.

We thought the breakfast in the hotel restaurant was excellent. Perhaps not as good as breakfast at the Peabody, for instance, but still very good.

Our room was spacious, clean, and comfortable. Though the hotel is downtown and can't control construction noises and other tall buildings messing with the view from guest room windows, we enjoyed our stay very much.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 20, 2009

After contacting the owner with my problems with my stay...they apologized for my situation. While it was not the hotels fault the cause of the situation, they agreed to be more attentive in the future. The hotel has a really cool patio on the roof. Check it out...and give them a try...I will give them one more try.

Stayed: October 2008
Reviewed November 22, 2008

The hotel lobby is very inviting. Rooms were just ok, based upon the rate we paid. The amenities were average. We "upgraded" to a deluxe king on the recommendation of the clerk in reservations at the hotel. We had a view of an alley and another building that was undergoing remodeling (glad we only had noise on Friday). When we asked about a room with a view of the Mississippi River we were told that there would be another $30 per night charge. Continental breakfast came with the room. It was hard to find a concierge on duty the weekend we were there so ended up booking our own tours. The location is good, about 1/2 block to the trolly and about 5 blocks to Beale Street.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple