“Valentine's Day”
Review of Madison Hotel

Madison Hotel
Ranked #10 of 138 Hotels in Memphis
Reviewed February 18, 2014

My husband and I booked the Madison on a busy holiday Valentine's Day. We arrived and everything was nice. The staff treated us with great hospitality. We used the valet and it was superior. We were greeted by name. Even when I had to call the front desk they greeted me by name.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
lleemadison, Manager at Madison Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2014

Thank you for your review. We appreciate you spending your special evening with us and look forward to welcoming you back.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,085)

Reviewed February 17, 2014

The Madison hotel was pretty awesome! The best part of my stay had to have been the staff, especially the man at the front desk, Odell, who made sure we got what we asked for in a very nice and timely manner. I highly recommend this hotel if you ever visit memphis.

• Stayed: February 2014
lleemadison, Manager at Madison Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

Thank you for the recommendation. We are extremely proud of our staff will certainly pass on your compliments to Odell. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed February 14, 2014

My wife and I recently stayed at the Madison while in town on for a graduate school class. Even though the hotel was filled with patrons for the the Farm and Gin Show the valet parking was prompt and check-in was fairly quick. We had a nice corner room on the sixth floor. It's a boutique style hotel with updated, modern furnishings as well as a well-stocked honor bar. My only complaint is that the vents in the room and the exhaust fan in the bathroom were so dusty that dust bunnies were falling out of them. However--the staff and location far outweigh the negatives.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

We are so glad to see you enjoyed the hotel and location. It is especially great to see how much you enjoyed our staff. I would like to apologize for the dust in your room and will follow up with our housekeeping team. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed February 14, 2014

There is nothing quite like walking up to a reception desk and finding a lovely drink and something sweet when you check in. The beds are unbelievably comfortable, and the amenities in the room are first class. The staff is very gracious, and they really make you feel welcome.

I had a bit of trouble with regulating my shower temperature, but otherwise my stay was perfect. I love the turn down service and finding a piece of chocolate on my pillow. The exercise facility is in an old bank vault and really quite funky. It has towels, and even a bowl of fresh fruit. While I would love it if they had the upper level Precor elliptical, the Precor equipment they have is first rate.

All around, a great place to stay in Memphis, and I try to stay here every time I come to town.

1  Thank fromRoseville

Thank you for continuing to stay with us. We are so glad to see you once again enjoyed the hotel's staff, location and amenities. We also appreciate your feedback and look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

Nice small Boutique Hotel recently updated décor, however they didn’t put in new double paned windows and when it gets cold outside, the hotel rooms are freezing cold and the old noisy heater with a loud fan motor can’t keep up with the incoming cold air. I had to get out the hair dryer to provide the extra heat needed. Avoid until new windows are installed and new quiet heaters.

Room Tip: Bring your own electric heater
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank DanZ503
angiehmemphis, General Manager at Madison Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to make me aware of the Window situation in your guestroom. We will investigate both the heating situation and your window draft concerns. I apologize that your stay wasn't perfect and assure you that we will address these issues.
Angie Hines

Reviewed February 9, 2014

Came for a weekend get away. Hotel was lovely and very clean. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Had a corner room which was a bit small but comfortable. The mattress was perfect. Purchased the room on Hotwire and got a fantastic rate.

• Stayed: February 2014
lleemadison, Manager at Madison Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2014

Thank you for your review, we greatly appreciate the feedback. We are very proud of our staff here and will certainly pass on your compliments. We are glad you enjoyed your time with us and look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed February 8, 2014

Very centrally located and has a great lap pool in the basement. Staff are very friendly and the hotel is a lovely old building that is apparently undergoing some renovations (I was told that by the housekeeping manager) but it does not interfere with the comfort level and I didn't know any renovations were taking place.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for recognizing our staff and letting other guests know of our great location. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Madison Hotel.