“Fabulous Hotel!”
Review of Madison Hotel

Madison Hotel
Ranked #9 of 138 Hotels in Memphis
Reviewed January 21, 2014

Excellent, attentive staff. The room was beautiful, very clean. The valet service is $29 a night, but well worth it. We received a voucher for the restaurant where we had breakfast. The food was very good. Would definitely stay again and highly recommend.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
lleemadison, Manager at Madison Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

Thank you for your recommendation and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed January 21, 2014

We recently stayed at the Madison for 2 nights while visiting Memphis. We found the hotel to be beautifully decorated and extremely clean. Very impressed with the number of staff...always available to help or just a friendly greeting. We were upgraded to a junior suite and it was great. Comfy bed, huge bathroom and cozy seating area. Valet was quick to get our car and helpful with directions. Very impressed with how quiet the hotel is. I loved this! No banging doors, noisy housekeeping carts or people yelling in the halls. Very refreshing!

1  Thank PMKphilly

Thank you for staying with us and posting your review. We were delighted to see that you had a great stay and will be sharing your feedback with our staff. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Memphis.

Reviewed January 20, 2014

I booked the hotel straight through the website and got a great deal for three nights. Even earned skymiles points. The hotel also gave us $30 towards the restaurant. That was nice forfor our last morning breakfast. Hotel was convenient to many restaurants and attractions. valet parking was $29 a night, but the garage next door was free for our entire stay. It was right around the corner. Hotel was clean and comfortable.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
lleemadison, Manager at Madison Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay and I am glad you were able to take advantage of the amenities associated with booking directly through our website. We appreciate you selecting the Madison Hotel and look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed January 20, 2014

We stayed here after we lucked out and found a Groupon. The hotel was great. Really nice room. Very comfy bed! Great showe! The staff were wonderful, across the board. We were able to walk to Beale St, restaurants, etc. The hotel is clean and modern. It was January and a bit rainy, so we couldn't see the rooftop, but I hear it's nice. Valet parking was $29/night, just FYI. We would stay here again and recommend it to others.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your response and letting other guests know of our great location and recognizing our staff. We appreciate you staying with us and look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed January 18, 2014

Stayed here for business in the fall of 2013 and really liked it. It's got great decor, is very comfortable and the restaurant, Eighty3 is excellent! My only recommendation is to provide creamers in the room insteat of that nasty powdered creamer. Everything was perfect and the coffee in the room wasn't bad - so why not go the extra step. Also, it seemed that I'd be gone at 8am each day and come back around 4-5pm - only to find they were looking to clean my room then. Sorry, that's my relaxation time before the evening work even. Clean the rooms when people are out and about during the day.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for selecting the Madison Hotel for your business travel. Our Executive Housekeeper is aware of your recommendations and will follow up with the team. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you on your next visit to Memphis.

Reviewed January 16, 2014

We stayed at the Madison in January as an anniversary staycation because of their Groupon special. The decor is beautiful and because of the Groupon we were able to stay in a Junior Suite, which has a very comfortable king size bed, huge tv and huge bathroom. It was too cold and windy for the rooftop bar so we visited the bar/restaurant downstairs for drinks that night and breakfast the next morning. The drinks were excellent and their desserts! All of the staff is exceptionally friendly and helpful.

The only issue we had was for a charge on my card for the mini-bar which we used to chill the wine and and beer that we brought in with us. While we did not take anything out of the mini-bar and the charge is only for $3.00 it was a little disappointing that we had to pay for something we didn't use. However, the overall stay and staff were excellent and I would recommend it over the Peabody (as I have stayed at both) in Memphis to anyone!

Room Tip: Get a river of city view room if possible.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review. I am glad that you enjoyed your overall accommodations and appreciate your recommendation. I’ve sent you a private message so that I can speak with you directly regarding the disputed charge. Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed January 16, 2014

I stayed at the Madison because it was one of the highest rated hotels in the area and thought a "boutique" hotel would be nice. It was very clean and the staff is very attentive. I didn't enjoy having a nap interrupted by turn-down service knocking on the door - but turn-down service was professional and I forgot to put out my "do not disturb" so that's my fault. The parking situation is not ideal - $29 valet only and not really any other options that made me feel comfortable. However, since I didn't need to use my car it was not an issue. I wouldn't give this hotel a "luxury" rating - my needs weren't met quite in that way - but it is not advertised as a "luxury" hotel. I do like that they included some "Memphis feel" in the elevators with select album covers. I hate I missed the rooftop but friends have told me it's great. It was a great place to have people meet me for drinks and dinner without having to go to them as well. Great stay and I'd stay there again.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms right off the elevator - I didn't have the common "people chatting near the ele...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Regina W

Thank you for selecting the Madison Hotel. We appreciate you taking the time to comment on your stay. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again. Although the rooftop lounge, Twilight is open year around during the winter season some nights are colder than others. When the temperature is above 40 degrees with low winds and no rain we encourage our guests to wrap up in a blanket next to the fire pit and enjoy the sun set. I hope you will get an opportunity to experience the great view on your next visit.