“Impressive hotel”
Review of Madison Hotel

Madison Hotel
Ranked #8 of 138 Hotels in Memphis
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Had 3 terrific nights at the Madison. The decor is modern, fun and funky. The service was so good. Everyone was welcoming anxious to assistant. Our room was so comfortable. The location is perfect. We could walk to the sights and restaurants in the downtown area. If I return to Memphis, I would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
lleemadison, Manager at Madison Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

Thank you for staying with us. We look forward to your return visit!

There are newer reviews for Madison Hotel

Reviewed November 7, 2013

The staff was super knowledgeable and friendly. Room very well appointed and super clean. They did a great of restoring an older builder and making into a really beautiful hotel. The furniture in the room was very tasteful and the bed super comfy. My wife and I were celebrating our anniversary and they had a box of chocolates for us upon arrival in the room.
Good location and price point.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
lleemadison, Manager at Madison Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2013

Thank you for your review. We appreciate you sharing your anniversary with us and look forward to celebrating with you again next year.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

I am so very happy to have stayed at this hotel. It's a boutique renovation that retains style from the Art Deco age. Upon arrival there are inspired snacks at the front desk. The rooms are done well and a pleasure to be in. It's a clean hotel with hats off to the crew there.

My favorite part of the hotel is the rooftop patio bar which has outstanding views of the Mississippi River and the city. There is a smart little lounge off the lobby worth taking time in.

I plan to take my husband to Memphis for his birthday and this is where we are going to stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for staying with us. I am glad you enjoyed your accommodation and our location. We look forward to welcoming you back to celebrate your husband’s birthday.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

The hotel is very, ver nice. It was upscale and clean and in a great location. The staff was very friendly. I have a couple complaints about the room. it was really small. A queen is really just big enough for one person. And the bathroom was not set-up well. There was no where to put your stuff in the bathroom but on the floor. I moved a ottoman from the room into the bathroom to put my stuff on. The shower was a bathtub with a half glass door. Water got all over the floor and it was cold because so open. I did not enjoy the shower. I would stay there again, but would choose and different room and ask for one with a different type bathtub/shower.

Room Tip: Queen room small for two people. Try a king or double.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your response. On your next visit I would like to recommend the King Deluxe room. It includes a separate tub and walk-in shower with a relaxing rain showerhead and I believe you will be pleased with the oversized bathroom in this accommodation. We appreciate you staying with us and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

We had a 3 night stay on 8th floor. Could not believe how noisy the area was. 1st night we had rubbish trucks emptying skips in the laneway below from 3.45am for 45mins, 2 night rubbish truck again at 4.50am, 3rd night ridiculously loud music thumping from an open air restaurant below, next door, at ground. Did not get one full nights sleep. Staff were friendly and room decor was nice with spacious bathroom.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
angiehmemphis, General Manager at Madison Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay. I sincerely apologize for the noise issues you experienced. Usually our location away from Beale Street works to our benefit. I have contacted our Waste Mgmt company to ensure that they hadn't modified our pick-up time and once I confirmed that they hadn't, we reached out to our business neighbors to see if they would consider modifying their pickup hours. We have also contacted the restaurant next door and reminded them of the noise ordinance hours. I know that our efforts won't impact your concerns but hopefully you will consider staying with us in the future to allow us to redeem ourselves. Sincerely, Angie Hines, GM

Reviewed November 3, 2013

The Madison is all urban charm. Well-located downtown, it is only a few minutes away from Mud Island and Beale Street and a short drive from Graceland, the Botanical Gardens, the airport, and the Memphis Zoo. I ended up with a junior suite on the 11th floor and enjoyed the quiet location and the spacious layout. The bathroom even had a scale that said I weighed five pounds less than I knew I did--how great is that! There was a really good restaurant on the first floor (Eighty3), great front desk staff who were more than happy to help me navigate around the city, and great valets who made my car materialize almost instantly. There were a few quirks (no clock in the room which didn't matter to me but might to some;no fan in the bathroom which made the mirror steamy for only a few minutes). But this is indeed a great place to stay if you want to stay at a place with atmosphere and a sophisticated vibe. One bit of advice: the rooftop terrace bar has a great view but it's really not amenable to solo travelers, especially women, on a Friday or Saturday night unless you want to be surrounded by partiers and couples. Instead, do what I did and go up for a drink mid-afternoon and you might just have the place to yourself!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank jhartig1
lleemadison, Manager at Madison Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Thank you for your response. We appreciate you letting other guests know of our central location to Memphis entertainment and attractions. It is good to hear you enjoyed your accommodation. I would like to apologize for the clock not being in the room. This is a standard and the Executive Housekeeper has addressed the situation. I also appreciate your review of our rooftop lounge, Twilight. On Friday and Saturday nights it is a very popular spot but for our hotel guests it is accessible 24 hours a day with your room key and we have bar service beginning at 11:30am. Thanks for recommending visiting Twilight earlier in the day, it is much quieter and the view of the Mississippi River is fantastic even in the middle of the day.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

This Hotel was a wonderful place to stay! Excellent service from a friendly staff and within walking distance to downtown attractions. Rooms were large, clean, comfortable and well appointed. The Hotel was quiet and beautiful. We visited the Twilight twice to watch the gorgeous sunset over the Mississippi and Eighty-Three twice for breakfast. The service, food and beverages were all terrific!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sue T

Thank you for staying with us. Your picture of the sunset from our lounge, Twilight is fantastic! I am happy to hear you enjoyed our location and your accommodations. I will be sure to let the team know of your accolades.