Madison Hotel
Agoda.com
$119
La Quinta
2,175 results
All reviewsrooftop barjunior suitemississippi riverbeale streetboutique hotelfire pitmini barvalet parkingturn down servicelarge bathroomvalet servicebeautiful hoteldowntown memphisfew blocksmud islandsouthern hospitalitycivil rights museum
Reviewed June 3, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for two nights in March. The hotel is beautiful, the beds very comfortable every staff member we came in contact with was attentive and polite. The restaurant was amazing I love the ambiance again the servers were attentive and informative We can't wait to go back to the Madison.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
lleemadison, Manager at Madison Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

Thank you for your review. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Memphis.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

This spectacular sparkling hotel has deco modern class. Having just disembarked from a fabulous Queen of the Mississippi riverboat journey that had brought me from New Orleans up to Memphis, I was completely awed by my suite here. Everything delighted -- from the soaring ceilings and sumptuous furnishings and linens, to a wet bar niche, spacious living room with elegant french doors shielding the very posh bedroom and glamorous bath. Grand comfortable luxury, but that's not all -- this hotel is strategically located close to fun but away from noise, and the stellar elegant staff couldn't've been more welcoming and helpful! Above all, don't miss sunset from the rooftop lounge with the absolute best view of Memphis and the river! Better yet, the lounge is open to the public, so meeting both locals and other travelers there was splendid, providing real neighborhood warmth! And when it was time for me to depart, gallant staffer Jeremy made certain I was delivered to the Amtrak station in time, which in Memphis is no easy task. It's astonishing how difficult it is to find the Amtrak station (and then when you do find it, you still wonder if you're in the right place ....).

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo

I am glad you enjoyed your accommodation and it is great that you had an opportunity to experience the great sunsets at Twilight. We agree it is the absolute best view of Memphis and the Mississippi River. I will also be sure Jeremy knows of your compliments. Thank you for staying with us to end your travels on the Fabulous Queen Riverboat.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Booked a two-night stay through Hotwire at $126.00 per night. Now they have done away with the resort fee, but instead have raised the parking fee to a pricey $29 a night. Had to circle the block to figure how to get to the valet, and then did not use the car until I left. Not a bad walk to Beale Street where most of the action is. While you can't call downtown Memphis as upscale, I did not feel unsafe. I did not get the breakfast voucher as Hotwire client, but did eat at eighty3, and it was fine.

My compact room was right next to the elevator and had little view. On the plus side were the quality toiletries provided, a lighted mounted mirror in the bathroom, fluffy towels, an umbrella, a friendly staff, and the rooftop bar. Unfortunately the bathrobe lacked a belt, the wi-fi signal in the room was weak, and there was very little counter space in the bathroom with its pedestal sink.

While trendy and hip, I think The Madison is a better fit for the business traveler than for the tourist like me. I was in the room so little that I would probably book closer to the touristy Beale Street in the future.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Lee S
angiehmemphis, General Manager at Madison Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the Madison and your visit to Memphis. I am sorry that everything wasn't perfect in your guestroom - we will certainly address the concerns that you brought to our attention. The Madison Hotel was created from a 1905 Bank Building. Although this offers us many remarkable features, such as our Exercise room vault - it also creates many different room types. Some are more petite than others. I hope you will choose us again and try one of our larger rooms - you are sure to be comfortable.
Angie Hines, GM

Reviewed May 28, 2013

This Hotel was amazing. Beautiful, spacious rooms, very clean and excellent food. The service was great, everyone was very friendly and helpful. Room service was a little expensive, but it is room service and the food was great. They have a beautiful, small, cozy rooftop lounge that over looks the Mississippi river and the city. We went up for a drink and ran into Magic Johnson and a few other retired players. The Hotel is within walking distance to everywhere and the trolley comes through at the corner. The rooms are a little expensive, but it was one of the nicest hotels I have been in. No spa or childrens activites, not really a place for small children. Children would be fine there, its just more of an upscale adult oriented hotel. My teenager loved it.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jennifer C
lleemadison, Manager at Madison Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

Thank you for your review. We are glad you enjoyed your time with us and look forward to seeing you in the future!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

The Madison is a true boutique hotel. In many places boutique is code for old and run-down, but not here. The property is well-maintained and is ultra-clean. The rooms are small but comfortable and inviting. I can't say enough about the view. We were on the 16th floor in a corner room so we had a view of both the river and the city. It is also obvious that the management puts a LOT of emphasis on guest interaction because without fail, we were warmly greeted by every staff member we encountered. Even more impressive, the greetings seemed quite genuine, not forced or out of habit. The Madison is a conveniently located gem in downtown Memphis, only half a mile from Beale Street. We will definitely stay there on future trips to Memphis.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for staying with us and your wonderful comments! We appreciate your feedback and are thrilled that you enjoyed your time with us. We are very fortunate to have a great staff that strives to exceed our guest’s expectations, and will certainly be sharing your comments. Very happy to see you enjoyed our great location as well and look forward to your return.