“Rooftop area under major construction”
Review of Madison Hotel

Madison Hotel
Ranked #9 of 136 Hotels in Memphis
Hernando MS
“Rooftop area under major construction”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

We loved almost everything about the Madison and will be returning soon. A couple of problems with our room: two sets of key cards didn't work to our room (minor inconvenience), and the heat wasn't working so we had to have engineering come in to repair it. The hotel staff was superb!
The only real disappointment was the roof top area that we'd heard so much about was under construction. The front desk said it would still be open, but the bar never did. They also said it was heated, and it was far from that. Hard to believe it was open to guests at all. Scaffolds, ladders and junk everywhere. Wish we would have known before booking. FYI: Probably another month before it is completed.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sighwest
lleemadison, Manager at Madison Hotel, responded to this review, May 5, 2013
Thank you for staying with us. We look forward to welcoming you back to enjoy the rooftop lounge Twilight.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (311)
Evans, Georgia
Reviewed February 13, 2013

We spent three nights at the Madison. The people were wonderful, the room was very pleasant, confortable (matress) and clean. The service was prompt and impecable. A great downtow location. We rented a car and one of its tires had a slow leak. I asked one of their Bellmen for help and, promptly, he found an air pump and pumped enough air for us to get to the airport in time to make our flight. A great job.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
lleemadison, Manager at Madison Hotel, responded to this review, May 5, 2013
We are pleased to see you experienced a flawless stay. Thank you for your wonderful comments. We appreciate you selecting the Madison Hotel.
Atlanta
Reviewed February 11, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Madison after reading some reviews and placing a bid on Priceline. In Memphis the two hotels offered at that star level are Madison Hotel and The Peabody.
We were so happy that we got The Madison, it put a smile on our faces the minute that we walked in the doors. The staff was friendly and very helpful. The location was convenient to all the attractions in Memphis, a short walk to Beale street.
I need to write to them to find out the what brand their pillows are. My wife and I have been fortunate to be able to beworld travelers and their pillows are amazing. And that goes for the mattresses, one of the most comfortable beds that I have ever slept in. I need to replace my bed at home with whatever brand they have in their rooms.
We only ate two meals in the hotel. Room service late one night, not a bad price for the quality of food that we recieved. You are always going to pay a slight premium for the comfort of being served in your room. And the second meal was breakfast, not too expensive and the quality was really good.
I have read about people complaining about the $25 per day for the valet service. Being located in downtown Memphis there are not an abundance of places to park. We were in and out of the hotel a number of times a day and that price is just a flat rate for 24 hours. Unfortunately the few days that we were in Memphis it pretty much rained the entire time. Personally I don't mind paying for the convenience of pulling up to the front door of the hotel and being able to leave my car and walk in. I figured that the huge amount of money I saved by naming my own price on Priceline made up for the valet charge.
Truly a luxury hotel, if you want to pamper yourself and enjoy a hotel then you won't be let down. We spent a few hours a day just enjoying the comforts of Hotel Madison. We tend to go go go when we are on vacation, this time we slowed down a bit to enjoy.
They probably won't be too crazy about me mentioning the Priceline deal that I got, but i'm sure they regulate how many rooms they let go at those incredible prices. Give it a try!
Jon from Atlanta

Room Tip: A big smile at check in helps getting a nice room, but it was also our 25th wedding anniversary.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Traveler0858
lleemadison, Manager at Madison Hotel, responded to this review, May 5, 2013
Thank you for your detailed response. It is wonderful to see that you enjoyed your stay from the decor to the room accommodation, location and valet parking services. We also appreciate your recognition of our staff and look forward to welcoming you back.
Corona del Mar, California
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Almost everything about my stay was perfect. Would stay there again and would recommend to others. Room was very nice. Staff was good, knowledgable and friendly. Restaurant and bar were excellent. Only downside was the business center which had very little equipment. I had my own computer, but no printer and I had to wait until computer and printer were free.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
lleemadison, Manager at Madison Hotel, responded to this review, May 5, 2013
We love it when we are able to exceed expectations. Thank you for your response and we appreciate all of your feedback.
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed February 7, 2013

I stayed at the Madison after finding a deal from a coupon site. The front desk staff was lovely, the doormen were nice, the restaurant and other service staff were fine. I paid my bill and thought it was a nice stay until three days after I returned home, when I discovered they charged me more than $270. My room was paid for except for taxes before I even arrived. They corrected that mistake shortly after I contacted them, but I was charged more money 11 days after I checked out, supposedly a delayed charged for room taxes. I asked when I checked out if there was anything else I needed to pay. It seems to me that if a room has been reserved for months, that room taxes should be calculated and charged when a customer checks out, not 11 days later.

Room Tip: The deluxe king is a nice-sized room, with a large bathroom. Watch you accounts for charges after y...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Camille1128
lleemadison, Manager at Madison Hotel, responded to this review, May 5, 2013
Thank you for your review and recognition of our staff. I would like to apologize for the problems with settling your account but I am glad to see that it was resolved and you enjoyed your overall stay. Thank you.
Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Just a block from main street's trollies and old Memphis and walkable to the Peabody duck procession and Beale Street, this hotel is a true oasis. Wonderful rooftop bar with heatlamps in the winter, modern rooms with super soft beds and a shower head you want to take home with you, helpful staff and a great bar/restaurant. Couldn't find a single fault -- and loved the Kuerig in the room for coffee.

Room Tip: We stayed in an executive deluxe and it was big enough for our party of four. High floors keep out...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank tabarber99
lleemadison, Manager at Madison Hotel, responded to this review, May 5, 2013
Thank you for selecting the Madison Hotel. We appreciate your wonderful review.
Little Rock, AR
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Great hotel in downtown Memphis. Perfect if you don't want to stay in the middle of the hornet's nest that is the Peabody. We've stayed here multiple times and each experience has been excellent. Easy check-in, clean rooms, friendly and helpful doormen. Awesome rooftop bar weather permitting. Within walking distance of plenty of good restaurants. The trek all the way to Beale is a little long, but not so bad if you stop in the Peabody for a pit-stop to people watch for a bit.

Room Tip: A junior suite is worth the upgrade if you want a little extra room.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
lleemadison, Manager at Madison Hotel, responded to this review, May 5, 2013
As always we appreciate your recommendation. Thank you for continuing to stay with us. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit.